EO for quantum computing

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ganado, Sep 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Brokor and Motomom34 like this.
  2. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Not sure I care for this.. However, I am an old guy, only capable of basic computer functions, and paranoid of the levels on intrusion into my affairs.

SB21 likes this.
  3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@Ganado "Yet Trump puts this committee under DOE."

Yeah, that doesn't compute...(no pun intended). I wonder why...maybe because it is a new science and physicists would understand it better? To me, it certainly shouldn't fall under Energy but what do I know...not much.

Ganado likes this.
  4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

The DOE is a strange call, I would have thought it would have gone to the DOD which gave us Arpanet, which became the Internet. Also QC would be a natural fit since computer warfare is a rapidly emerging part of our defense. The DOE, though is packed with researchers and physicists. Perhaps it is how those quantum states are achieved is why the DOE was chosen.

QC, though applied to AI scares the absolute sheite out of me. Guaranteed that we will see sentient AI as a result. I sure hope is sees us very fondly since it will control damn near everything we depend on.

mysterymet, SB21 and Brokor like this.
  5. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

i was wondering if it was calculated to be a check and balance so that not all power is with DOD or Treasury.... it was an interesting choice

6. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

DoE for the simulations. Like nukes...

Brokor and Ganado like this.
  7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Whatever computer they develop, it will be at least 50 years behind what the black budget buys regularly. The DoE is a sensible choice, not everything is about the Terminator and warfare except in times when asking for more budget money.
    Personally, I would propose they actually start with their operating system because Microsoft ain't gonna cut it.

Ganado and SB21 like this.
  8. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

It would have been awesome to have SkyNet and the Terminator periodically BSOD in the movies.

IMO QC will get an AI specific OS. Something not designed for the primates but for their successors. Perhaps a few will be kept as specimens.

mysterymet, Brokor and SB21 like this.
  1. Dunerunner
  2. TXKajun
  3. Grandpa Patch
  4. Asia-Off-Grid
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Papa_asf130
  8. DarkLight
  9. Brokor
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7