Every Day Carry - EDC - COVID-19 Edition

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by hot diggity, Apr 23, 2020.

1. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Has anybody else noticed that they've added some extras to their EDC? My pockets were full enough already, but lately I've added a few things that are specific to life in 2020.

I've added four pairs of nitrile gloves, a disposable handkerchief (microfiber shop towel), an extra Croakies strap, and a comb. As things get more silly I may switch sidearms and increase magazine capacity. I've already seen one death from speeding, and I got passed three times on the way to work by a cement mixer that was being pushed way beyond 15 MPH over the posted speed limit and was smoking like his engine was about to catch fire. He was a little slower off the line than I was, but he thought nothing of passing me on the left or right.

With a reduced police presence and fewer folks out and about it makes all of us that are still working more of a target.

I'll post a picture when I empty my pockets this evening. What a collection of junk.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  2. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

Not just pockets...
    I 'd consider it moving from REDCON 3-ish to 2.5.
    2nd small knife - micro Swiss Army.
    Added "tactical pen" to shirt/jacket pocket.
    Switched handgun to my normal cold weather carry, but IWB now. 3rd mag in the pockets.
    Silk shemagh - very fine weave.
    Israeli bandage.
    2-x nitrile gloves.
    2-x N-95 in the console.
    55 gal trash bag folded very small w a cig lighter.
    More cash.
    Boonie hat on the console now.
    2-x sanitixing wipe packets in the console
    Recovery snatch strap, shackles and hand winch live in the truck now.
    Put a trauma aid kit in the truck.
    AR in a breakdown case in the lockable compartment under the bed with the GHB. (doesn't look like a rifle case)
    Sunglasses are plastic wraparounds instead of my preferred glass aviators.
    Handheld UV-C wand in the door pocket.
    I wear boots everywhere now vs light hikers.

Picking up on Airtimes' ozone thoughts I grabbed 6,000mg/hr unit off Flea-bay, and we leave anything we purchase in truck bed, throw the ozone machine in for thirty a minute cycle with the cover sealed. That calculates out to roughly 500 PPM ozone, and leaving the items there with a small fan running for thirty minutes theoretically kills everything inc insects.

3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

We bugged out, so everything changed, no need to carry, but there is a large rifle close at hand should the need come!
    There are NO PEOPLE within miles of us, and we can see any coming from miles away, day or night! The only time we ever see any, they are "Professionals" that don't notice us, or don't care! Had a chat with the Canadian Coast Guard several days ago, and they were super cool, mostly checking in on us to make sure we were ok, and asked us where we were from, and checked our paperwork from a distance through a pair of high powered binos, They told us to be safe, and if we needed anything to give them a call!

4. hot diggity

5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

All the bullets in my carry piece have Lysol filled sabots instead of lead. I also drink a glass of 151 as soon as I get home just in case I accidentally touched my mouth while I was out.

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I don't see a passport or Real ID in that pile.

7. hot diggity

Nope. No permission slip or get out of jail free card either.

Ganado, Gator 45/70, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  8. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

How you keep your pants up carrying all that???

Gator 45/70, HK_User and hot diggity like this.
  9. hot diggity

Really stout belt and and several decades of practice. It's actually pretty evenly distributed among both trouser and shirt pockets. Roughly divided in thirds, the stuff on the left is either hung on my belt or in hip pockets. Middle stuff is on wrist or in shirt pockets and remaining stuff is tied on cargo pockets or in front pockets.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

So we are a south-paw?

Tully Mars likes this.
  11. hot diggity

Ambidextrous. Why?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Just observing the small gun and holster

Tully Mars and hot diggity like this.
  13. hot diggity

Little NAA Wasp is my left hander, as is the Kershaw assisted opener that's rigged upside down. It hangs on the purple cord behind the holster and I can pull it out if necessary without disturbing the pistol. Since I made the holster to stay in the pocket on the draw, it's not easy to just remove it to get at other stuff. That kinda defeats the purpose of carrying concealed anyway.

You know, the whole "Necessity is the mother of invention" thing.

STANGF150 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. oldbee1966

oldbee1966 Monkey+++

I just received this kit bag, wore it tonight on our 1 hr walk. Fits great and is very comfortable. Had my Shield in it with an extra mag, cell phone, knife and a lighter, so far. Lots of room depending on which one you choose. I attached hook and loop to the shoulder strap and on the back of one of my hand held HAM radios. Keeps the antenna above my head and the radio out of the way.
    I like it!

Hill People Gear | Real use gear for backcountry travelers

HK_User and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

I'm going to have to figure out a holster of sorts for my NAA mini-revolver in .22LR I carry. Its wearing holes in the lil 5th pocket of my carpenter jeans that I habitually carry it in. If I'm vertical, my "Little friend" is on me. Even when I go out in public & add a larger size & caliber friend to my pockets.

HK_User, Gator 45/70 and hot diggity like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7