face shield

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, Jul 20, 2019.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

duane and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. duane

duane Monkey+++

Lots of old school ideas, sweat band, hat with tail to keep neck from getting sun burned, face masks to keep warm and keep from breathing in really cold air, gaiters to go from boot to pant to keep dirt, sand, etc out of shoes, etc are really good ideas to make life more comfortable if not more survivable. Really enjoyed the "Swiss army knife" approach to his infomercial. Lots of it can be done with a good bandana, including a half dozen medical uses, sling, stabilize bandages, turniquit, etc. Might not be high tech, but good socks, wool blanket, wool clothing, axe, hoe, grub hoe, block and tackle, etc would make life much more possible if things did go bad.

3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Oh man....that clip is bound to be reposted to Gay websites...less for the headcovering than for his being a hunky cutie. :ROFLMAO:

I have one of those things, they are light, take up no more space than a lady's pocket handkerchief. The fabric is somewhat stretchy, but I wouldn't recomend it as an emergency fan belt for a motor car.

Because of its stretchy-ness it could, with a surgical pad, keep a compression dressing in place without cutting off circulation. As stated before, by Duane, it can do many of the things that a bandana can be used for.

I wouldn't use it as a face shield for fire fighting I would preference instead my tried and tested purple cotton baby's nappy (diaper for my American colleagues)...but for robbing banks or dedicated white nationalist demonstrators....quite nifty. :LOL:

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

How do the Aussies do it???

Yard Dart and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I can do every thing that can with a oversize bandanna and then some! Still, a pretty neat-o setup for those who want or need one and don't want or need the fuss and muss of a old school bandanna!

oldawg, duane and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Upside down, naturally!

Gator 45/70 and oldawg like this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

With a Counter-Clock Wise twist

chelloveck, Gator 45/70 and Dont like this.
  8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Looks to me as tho' these kits are shortcuts to thinking about what you might need in your sit and AO. Maybe a starter kit, but my guess is that a share of the stuff will be discarded in short order when more suitable solutions are found. Inexpensive experiment. Do a site search for "shemagh", there were some discussions a while ago.

chelloveck and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7