Second Amendment Federal 5th Circuit calls Misdemeanor Domestic Violence Gun Ban is UnConstitutional

Discussion in 'Bill of Rights' started by BTPost, Feb 3, 2023.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The Federal 5th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled on Thursday, that a State Statute, in Texas that made a Misdeaeener Domestic Violence conviction a Prohibited Person, as far as FireArms goes, UnConstitutional… Their ruling stated that under the SCOTUS Bruen Precident this was the way that the case was decided.. US AG said he will apeal this case to SCOTUS…

Dunerunner, Seepalaces and 3M-TA3 like this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Welp, your presumed Innocent until PROVEN guilty, so,...........
    I'm also just fine for felons ( With the exception of VIOLENT Felons) to have their rights restored once they have paid their debt to society!

Dunerunner and jim2 like this.
  3. mechstdr

mechstdr patriotic grease monkey

the communists, oops i mean demorats, oops again i mean democrats, don't know what it is, but they work me up something fierce. I didn't say woke or mean "woke" either! as for the us ag. i'm sure he had his legal briefs already written and ready to file just in case!

Dunerunner, Seepalaces and jim2 like this.
  4. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Had a buddy lose his rights, back when he was active duty Air Force. He was Security Forces at FE Warren AFB, guarding missile silos. His psychotic ex got mad at him one night, started slapping and scratching him, while screaming her fool head off. Neighbors called the cops, thinking he was killing her. When they showed up, he had numerous scratches and slap marks.....she had the shape of his hands still showing, on her upper arms, where he finally got tired of being a punching bag, and pushed her away. Of course, HE was the guilty party, and was arrested. Crappy ass Public Defender convinced him to plead guilty, as he'd just get a slap on the wrist, due to it being his first offense.
    Few months later, he's called into his CO's office, and handed a letter. Can't be a security cop, if you can't carry a firearm! Forced him to re-train, into a different career field. They got divorced, and she got custody of their 2 year old daughter.

Ironically, when she got orders to go overseas, she decided it was easier to sign over custody to him, than to fight him to bring the kid along. He got out of the Air Force, took himself and his daughter back home, where he met the gal he's been married to now, for ~15 years or so. They have a beautiful teen daughter themselves, and his older daughter considers her step mom more of a mother, than her biological one. Oh, and he got back his rights, when the governor of Wyoming decided that there had been a bunch of hinky convictions, during his term in office, and offered to review the case of anyone convicted of a non-violent crime. Got a pardon, and his guns back. (y)

Funny how life turns around, sometimes, isn't it?

5. mechstdr

mechstdr patriotic grease monkey

2 thumbs up for your buddy. (y)(y)

6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Knowing how crazy women are I would bet a good chunk of those misdemeanor domestic violence convinces are somewhere total bs, as in nothing happened or the woman started beating the guys ass and the guy was trying to get the woman to stop.

mechstdr likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7