Feds raid Texas political meeting Fingerprint, photograph all attendees, seize phones

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stg58, Mar 1, 2015.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

Wow, Hopefully they did not lose the emails on this.

How about LaRazza or the other groups of illegals?

Feds raid state political meeting
    In a deliberate “show of force,” federal and local police forces raided a political meeting in Texas, fingerprinting and photographing all attendees as well as confiscating all cell phones and personal recording devices.

Members of the Republic of Texas, a seccession movement dedicated to restoring Texas as an independent constitutional republic, had gathered Feb. 14 in a Bryan, Texas, meeting hall along with public onlookers. They were debating issues of currency, international relations and celebrating the birthday of one of their oldest members. The group, which describes itself as “congenial and unimposing,” maintains a small working government, including official currency, congress and courts.

According to MySanAntonio.com: “Minutes into the meeting a man among the onlookers stood and moved to open the hall door, letting in an armed and armored force of the Bryan Police Department, the Brazos County Sheriff’s Office, the Kerr County Sheriff’s Office, agents of the Texas district attorney, the Texas Rangers and the FBI.

“In the end, at least 20 officers corralled, searched and fingerprinted all 60 meeting attendees, before seizing all cellphones and recording equipment in a Valentine’s Day 2015 raid on the Texas separatist group.”

“We had no idea what was going on,” said John Jarnecke, president of the Republic of Texas. “We knew of nothing that would warrant such an action.”

Read more at Feds raid state political meeting

2. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Wow!!! Amazing that it comes down to this. Let's just get it started and see how it works out.

Yard Dart likes this.
  3. Airborne Monkey

Airborne Monkey Gorilla Survivalpithecus

4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Monkey

There goes freedom of assembly and freedom of speech in one action!!

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  5. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

<--- not surprised.

7. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

It is March 2nd. Maybe time for another look at our republics' declaration of independence. Pick which republic and which constitution you think needs reading again. With the confiscation of records and hard drives I'm now on another list. As if that is a surprise or anything new.

8. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Anyone remember the internet story--The Battle Of Jakes? At some point people are going to tire of this kind of suppression/oppression.

9. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Monkey

If these tactics had been tolerated by our forefathers, there would be no America.....

10. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King Site Supporter

11. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

I've said this before here and elsewhere:
    Our forefathers would be shooting by now.
    [​IMG]

stg58, Dunerunner, oldawg and 2 others like this.
  12. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

These folks should get the Nastiest Shiester LawDog they can find, and haul the Judge who issued the Search Warrant in front of the Judicial Review Board, for approving the Warrant, of a Misdomeaner Violation, and approving such JackBooted Thug Tactics, in the State of Texas.

13. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

They'd come up with something like "that guy invited us in...we don't need no stinkin' warrant"
    Patriot Act, also...maybe even the Insurrection Act...:mad:

14. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Maybe the Feds need to consider the fact that this kind of crap is exactly WHY people are wanting to secede?!

15. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

If the people in Texas do not deal with this immediately then we are in major trouble when they pull this in almost all the other states.

Fed jackboots set this whole thing up and used the sheriff and judge to make this look like a local issue.

Brokor and Yard Dart like this.
  16. Brokor

The fact of the matter is, it was done. That's the only important thing to remember. Come lawyers, come verdict, the corporate pigs always have a scapegoat, will simply cry incompetence and miscommunication was to blame and some schmuck will get a slap on the wrist while the media covers it all up just in time for another Miley Cyrus outfit hype.

Don't get me wrong, it would be GREAT to hold these scumbag's feet to the fire -but this judicial system was designed to work FOR the corporations (i.e. Government), not the People. The Constitution does NOT apply, it hasn't in any of our lifetimes.

Nope, this was a clear, purposeful move to let everybody know who is in charge and the people of Texas had better get the thought of "republic" and "liberty" out of their minds, or more is coming. We are facing absolute tyranny, and no tyrant has ever abdicated to peaceful protest or judicial finding. This only ends with blood, as the tree of liberty is in need of a good quenching.

They know this, too.

Yard Dart, oldawg and Mountainman like this.
  17. Brokor

Negative. Counterfeiting is making currency which appears to be the same as the "legal tender", but is not the actual currency. Bartering with another form of currency is not illegal technically if you are merely following the law from the position of the republic of Texas. However, from the position of the "Government" and the Federal Corporation known as "The United States", and even by the US Constitution itself for the Union (to which the republic of Texas is believed to not be a member of), only Congress has the right to "coin" currency and establish its value (Article 1, Section 8).

It's an interesting situation, and I find it to be quite telling based on how these gestapo agents handled the matter, to be frank. In all sincerity, I have to say that, even if Texas is (officially or not) a member of the Union, there was a much better and sensible, as well as honorable way to handle this than by using jack-boot tactics and strong arm this peaceful assembly.

stg58, Sapper John, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  18. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

If it was "Me" that this happened to, I would get my Shiester LawDog, to get the Warrant Application Affidavit, made for the Warrant, published in the local NEWSPAPER, and then start making lots of NOISE, about why the Sheriff, choose to make such an Affidavit for a Warrant, for what in Texas, is a Misdemeanor Level Crime, if it could even be proven, in Court. If there was ANYTHING in the Affidavit, that was Stretched, or UnTruthful, I would be making LOTS of Noise about having the Sheriff, indicted, and tried for Perjury, by the State of Texas. Next time that Sheriff, comes up for ReElection, I would be "Shouting from the Rooftops" about his PERSONAL Beliefs in the Rule of Law, and the Constitutions of the USA and Texas. Would any of us, want such a Man, to be ReElected as Sheriff? I would support Mickey Mouse over this Jack-Wagon Sheriff......

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

I wonder what would happen if a similar thing happened to a homosexual group? A muslim group? A group pushing amnesty for illegals? Anti gun group?

It would be all over the lib media as an a front to civil liberties.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    gunbunny, Sapper John and ghrit like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7