Fenix PD35

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Hanzo, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I have had a Fenix PD35 for a long time. So obviously, mine is v1. I also have another that is modded. PD35vn.

Great lights. Long lasting and very good throw. And decent spill.

I always take it camping and often on the trail along with a headlamp. But last night, it was a night run light. Some places are very dark, almost pitch black. With the lanyard, it was comfortable in a loose grip, but still very secure.

Decided to write something up after I got home, so only took a couple of pics on my blanket.

2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I bought a PD25 for Mrs 3M to keep in her purse - the first Fenix I've handled up close. Not as powerful as a PD35, but the size is perfect for a handbag. I was quite impressed (Mrs 3M likes it, too), especially liked that the included rechargeable battery had a built in micro USB port. Makes recharging pretty simple.
    [​IMG]

Dunerunner, duane, Hanzo and 2 others like this.
  3. duane

duane Monkey+++

Didn't know of the micro USB port. Given the near universal access of that type of charger, Raspberry Pi computers, lots of cell phones, hacks for 12 volt to it, it would seem to be a much better choice than the standard AA etc rechargers which somehow I never seem to get around to using. Converted almost all of my flashlights to LED and only buy LED's for portable lights. Have several inexpensive small ones like the one shown in various places. Glove box in car, next to furnace with spare nozzle for fuel, next to fuse box, on TV stand, next to bed, etc. Not important to have really good light, but like a pistol, will give you enough light to accomplish some task and light your way to a good light. I have had a LED flashlight with solar recharge that is placed in my bay window next to some flowers for about 5 years. It has always had a charge and is my go to for walking dog, checking greenhouse, etc. Not a good light, don't know how much longer it will last, not a task light like a headband, but over 50 % of the time it is the one I grab. I have had problems with the battery holders that hold the AAA batteries in the small flashlights, corrosion in contacts, bad contacts, one battery going bad and throwing out all three. The Fenix cartridge seems the way to go and the added charge control would be a real bonus. Good light, but like all Fenix top of the line and it makes it a dedicated flashlight because of cost. A max of about 1000 lumen for about $85 as opposed to 150 lumen in similar size for about $15 or so. Fire Department in our town has a bunch of small cheap flashlights similar to the PD25, cost less than $7 each, that were donated and imprinted with a company name and phone number and charged off to advertising, that they hand out when they make safety checks during power out, at fires, car accidents etc. Furnish about 100 lumen and with regular batteries will run about 24 hours straight. Store them without batteries and add them when issued. Have received more positive comments on lights than on safety checks and seldom refused.

Hanzo and Dunerunner like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7