Fenix TK20R v2.0 Flashlight

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Hanzo, Sep 17, 2022.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Got this and like it. Realized I would never go through this much for a review, so here is some other guy's one.

Fenix TK20R V2.0 Review (3000 Lumens, SFT70 LED, 21700, USB-C)

I like this video better. It is outdoors and showing practical use (SAR). Warning, the video is long.

Maybe I'll add some pictures when I go into the jungle and/or lava cliffs at night.

2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Wow! 3000 lumens! I didn't even know they made them this bright. Guess I need to do some research... LOL!

Meat, Gator 45/70 and Hanzo like this.
  3. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I’m “replacing” a 3,000 lumen light with this one. Much better. Throws far too. Something like half a kilometer. Far enough for my purposes.

4. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

LED lighting is great home, or portable.
    LED's run hot and have started fires.

Hanzo and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I've been a big fan of Fenix when I bought one as a gift for a female relative that had to work late at night. A really knowledgeable sales clerk first suggested them to me, and the recharge port ultimately made the sale, since a flashlight with a dead battery is basically an expensive rock.

That TK20R has very impressive performance for it's price point, plus a ton of accessories to mount on everything from bikes to firearms.

6. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

is the battery installed or replace with an 18650 that's charged ???

7. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

You can charge it via charging port or swap out for a fresh one.

3M-TA3 likes this.
  8. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

That's what I love about the Fenix system. I believe they were the first to place a micro USB charging port on a flashlight.

Hanzo likes this.
  9. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Took the dog to the beach earlier, so no lights. It was perfect. Cloudy and raining really hard, so not too many at the beach. But nice and sunny when we got there.

But I did take a beam shot in my driveway. Range finder said 200' feet from the back of my truck to my gate. Not pitch black yet.

Meat and oldawg like this.
  10. franks71vw

franks71vw Monkey+++

My Olight warrior burnt my polyester/cotton blend pocks and my skin... these things are no joke.

Hanzo and Meat like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7