Firearms inventory software or excel Templates

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by stg58, Sep 5, 2015.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

I have been using the excel template below and it works will it does not have the bells and whistles that NM Collector has but it is easy to use on Windoze with Excel or Open Office or Libre Office on Linux.
    I don't know why I bother I only have that old rusty bolt action .22 and rusty single shot 410 shotgun.

Any thoughts on inventory logging templates or software?

Free NM collector
    NM Collector Free Gun Inventory Database Software

Excel, Open Office, Libreoffice template
    http://sportsmansblog.typepad.com/GunListTemplate.xls

Marck, Tully Mars and Ganado like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

[sarc2]Why catalog all those weapons, when they are ALL, at the bottom of a nearby Lake, or River......[lolol]

3. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I use NM Collector and have for years. It has really helped to document the couple times I have had thieves. It helps me keep track of values and trades. My guns, and I own a lot of them, are not on the bottom of a Lake. I am an avid collector, I hunt, and I shoot competitively. I have a freaking arsenal and enough ammunition and components to load and shoot for probably beyond the rest of my life and I am pretty freaking healthy. I am in compliance with the laws of our nation, a life-member of the NRA, GOA, JPFO, USPSA, SASS, and on every freaking .gov data-base there is. I do not own a single "from my cold dead hands" sticker" nor do I openly carry unless hunting or actively defending myself or property. Gun owners out number the rest and we are armed. I just wish everyone would grow a pair and stand up for your rights.

4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Please add columns for probable body of water and estimated depth where firearm was lost.
    Example:
    Pacific Ocean near Marianas Trench 38,838 feet
    Molon Lake 1,776 feet

Marck, stg58, NotSoSneaky and 4 others like this.
  5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I am with @Seacowboys , but I only use a simple office template and highlight the guns which may have been stolen (for real), reported to local authorities and placed in NICS. I used to scan the bill of sale for each firearm, but that got to be a pain, so I keep those in the safe, hidden along a back panel in a waterproof bag. I also password protect and archive the firearms list document. Best to also keep it on an encrypted drive, too.

I have no issue with maintaining a law-abiding status, because if it ever does come to gun confiscation, we will have more problems than trying to explain which lake they were lost in a boating accident, since it would be time to actually use them in a manner we all hope we never have to.

Marck, stg58, Mountainman and 6 others like this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Moderator Moderator Site Supporter++

[applaud][applaud][applaud]

stg58, Tully Mars and Ganado like this.
  7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

You know, A pirogue flips pretty easily when you stand up and shoot.

Unless you know what your doing..Just say'n

8. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

Agreed .xls can be opened by Win and non Win free programs.
    Encrypted backups on HD with secured hard copy along with a win and linux version of Libreoffice on a:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    Marck, Dont, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  9. Longhorn77

Longhorn77 Neophyte Monkey

10. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I would not create a log that can be pirated by any one, especially government.

Yard Dart likes this.
  11. Longhorn77

Longhorn77 Neophyte Monkey

This software cannot be pirated without you somehow allowing it. That's part of it's beauty. It does NOT install on any computer. You can run it on a portable hard drive or USB flash drive, take it out anytime and put it under your pillow at night - ALL DATA STAYS WITHIN IT'S OWN FOLDER! Take it with you anywhere- run it on any other computer- the data will still be there. It's safer and smaller than any paper records. Damn, hide it in your shoe. IT IS OFF THE GRID!!

12. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Encrypt, encrypt, encrypt...

Yard Dart likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7