Fishing Slingshot and Dart System.

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by chelloveck, Feb 28, 2021.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Crafted largely from scrap wood and metal material: Nice woodworking project.

It may not be legal fishing and game usage in some jurisdictions.

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  2. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

It might be legal during a carp shoot. That might be something to look into. I have friends that carp shoot but the idea of shooting a fish with a bow never seemed fun to me.

Gator 45/70 and chelloveck like this.
  3. chelloveck

There probably is no sportsmanship in it, regardless of the skill required...but a useful survival fishing tool.in austere circumstances it undoubtedly is.

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Shooting an arrow in the water and leading the target is not as easy as you think.
    The water distorts the perception of the orientation of the fish. Until you learn it, it can be quite difficult.
    As for the Y frame, it is handy but not necessary. I attach the bands to my thumb and forefinger. A more perfect arrangement.

Gator 45/70, Dark Wolf and SB21 like this.
  5. Dark Wolf

Dark Wolf Monkey

For fish, I prefer to shoot them underwater with a spear gun.

Wolf

6. chelloveck

Try shooting piranha underwater with a spear gun...I'd prefer to shoot them with a slingshot thankyou very much. ;)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

That you ol chap making the sling shot? Neat-0 btw.

8. chelloveck

No, Gator...not my invention and not my crafting...just admiring it...and posting it for the inspiration of others. :)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I think you would do well with woodwork being attentive to details like you appear to be !

10. Dark Wolf

Dark Wolf Monkey

Well, I don't live in the Amazon so.............

DW

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

I fish with a slingshot. 63B9B813-33FB-4C0E-8726-87B627FFC93A. 5F6C3B0D-15BE-4DCE-A1C3-96C1C82CD9AF.

Gator 45/70, chelloveck and SB21 like this.
  12. chelloveck

Nice catch. (y)

13. Bishop, do you have intrusive Asian carp in your area? (I know, all carp are invasive Asian species.) But I saw a program where Gar were predating carp to the benefit of native fish. Maybe you could give the gar a break.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    Gator 45/70 and Bishop like this.
  14. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

No we don’t yet the gar your talking about aye the gator gar they get to be over 100# thes ate fla gar they eat a lot of game fish and I eat them as of right now I am giving them a break

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

Back in the 60’s my Dad and uncles would shoot gar with pistols and rifles at a spillway where the water rolled about similar to a oil. Really good for reflex shooting.

jim

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7