Flame ON!!

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by UncleMorgan, Jan 31, 2018.

1. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Talk about a diversion! What could be more fun than this?

Elon Musk definitely understands boys & their toys--and I gotta git me one of deeze!

Now I can roast my marshmallows from 10 feet away (or less!).

And weenies, too!

No more dinky little magnifying glasses and ants for me, baby! Now I'm headin' for the Big Time!

(Hmmm. I'm gonna need a herd of moose...)

Wildfire-weary California may ban Elon Musk’s flamethrowers as they fly off the shelves

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The snowflakes are already having a field day. I ain't too sure roasting marshmallows can happen greater than 2 feet. Pretty 'spensive roaster, but could be serious fun with feral dogs and cats.

3. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Heck, my weed burner is more impressive than that toy...and didn't cost nearly that much!

4. duane

duane Monkey+++

I have set back fires for fire control and that flame thrower is a lot safer than the drip type unit we used. It would have to be held to the material until it catches fire as it is just a flame, the units they use for back fires leaves burning oil on the vegetation and sets fire to things like tinder used to start a fire. I don't have any idea if he is a businessman, stupid, or pulling a gigantic publicity stunt, but he sure has upset the snowflakes, guess it does a good job of at least causing meltdowns in snowflakes.

Ura-Ki and sec_monkey like this.
  5. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Aren't actual flamethrowers (real ones), unregulated?

Ura-Ki and sec_monkey like this.
  6. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Yes, Real flame-throwers are not regulated but they are a little hard to come by.

Ura-Ki, Asia-Off-Grid and sec_monkey like this.
  7. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

them snowflakes demandin flame thrower control yet? :LOL:

all :LOL: aside somebody is all but guaranteed to do somethin stupid with one of these or a similar device n then the (D)s will be talkin flame thrower control n gun control agin

Ura-Ki and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  8. Asia-Off-Grid

I bet there are a few right here in Cambodia. The problem is, how to get them to the US. :D:D

sec_monkey and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Right now I could use it to melt the ice in driveway so I can at least get to my car without busting my a$$. It's 3-4 inches thick!

sec_monkey, Ura-Ki and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

California likes to regulate stuff. My youngest checked out the video and thought it was cool. He has been told not to put it on his Christmas list because he can't have one.

sec_monkey likes this.
  11. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I have heard that a flame thrower that "Throws" more then 10 feet is considered a restricted( destructive) device. I have not looked it up, but that's the scuttlebutt I have been hearing! Truth?

sec_monkey and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  12. Asia-Off-Grid

Dang it, Ura! Don't go screwin' up my business plan!

13. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Roger that buddy, my lips are sealed! Carry on! Lol

sec_monkey and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  14. duane

duane Monkey+++

Was in a class once in what was call air base defense back in the 1950's which after Kimpo AFB and a couple other incidents in Korea a few years earlier were taken seriously, had a room mate that survived Kimpo and was one messed up dude, and they demonstrated flame throwers to all of us and some got to use them. They shot like a napalm that stuck and burned on the old wooden shack that they hauled in for a target. Had two tanks as I remember, one fuel and one a propellant gas of some kind. Flamethrowers and grenades are da** scary in training and I wouldn't even want to think about having them used against me. We loved the mortars, Ma Duce, and recoiless rifles, hit them outside the fence was our God given hope and goal.

15. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

Next thing you know they will be outlawing cans of hair spray and a Bic.

Rancher

16. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Only in Commiefornia I think. BATFE nor any other states I know of have any regulation on them. My personal one has a 3 gallon fuel tank, 3# CO2 tank, and 14 oz pilot burner tank. I made calls and asked a lot of people before the build to find out about the laws, and was surprised to find no one regulates this awesome weapon. This one will do 30-50' depending on how thick the fuel is gelled. It only does about 25 seconds of trigger down time, but you can make a lot of short bursts. I just hope I can get it grandfathered when Elon's gets them all banned.

sec_monkey, Motomom34 and Ura-Ki like this.
  17. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

When flamethrowers are outlawed, only outlaws will have flamethrowers.

Seawolf1090, duane, Tempstar and 4 others like this.
  18. Asia-Off-Grid

Kinda reminds me of the A-10's magazine.

19. duane

duane Monkey+++

Watched an A!0 demo once, was just a spectator, no way even involved in anything, after about 10 seconds of the demo and being a good distance away, I still was almost in need of a fresh set of underwear. They are scary, almost no sound, just seem to float in there, all of a sudden it just erupted and the target vanished in an explosion and a cloud of flame , an old deuce and a half truck full of fuel, and the A10 reemerged from all the fuss and just drifted away.
    One of those things that doesn't translate well to a video game, the real life impact just overloads the senses and your mind.

sec_monkey likes this.
  20. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I believe two states restrict flame-throwers that shoot a flame further than 10 feet but none of the other 48 regulate them at all.

sec_monkey likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7