Flea market finds.

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Oddcaliber, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Just got home from a nice day at a flea market. Found quite a bit of useful stuff. Among the tools I got also found a nice pair of boots, a cover for my helmet and a Bianchi M-12 holster! Grabbed an ammo can at Walmart too.

2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

All I mostly find at flea markets....are fleas. I must stop going to dog shows.

Congrats on your finds, oddcaliber. (y)

3. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

I'm with Chel. I mostly agree with the original owner's decision to toss things.

4. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I mostly find stuff that could be used in a damned good project. Only problem is I never get around to that project.

5. chelloveck

That is the essence of prparedness....
    when the project appears, the tools and matèrials are ready! ;)

6. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

This is one of the better flea markets. But it's in Kiln Mississippi!

tacmotusn, oldman11, techsar and 3 others like this.
  7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Thanks for your encouragement for my quest to continue my project awareness. (y)

8. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I always enjoyed first Monday in Ripley, Mississippi but the Jockey Lot in Andersonville, SC is unbelievable.

9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Quite a good market of fleas in Tucson this weekend, i never knew there was so much crap, and that I needed it! Lol
    Picked up a 4 pound ball peen hammer head, a few Mexican socket sets, 2 spanners, and several hooked carpet blades. Also picked up about 10 pounds of nice treated cow hide leather for a few projects I know I have lined up later on!
    We love our flea markets

10. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

All I ever see is new crap and outdated clothes around here.

Seepalaces, sec_monkey and oldman11 like this.
  11. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Its all where you go. I have a retirement commintu no far from me that has a town gagrage sale twice a year. I have picked up a bunch of well maintained stuff at a good price.

12. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Haven't been to the Tanque Verde Swap Meet ever since they moved it from Tanque Verde Road to Alvernon.

13. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

You should see the one in Sierra Vista, it looks like trash hunters have set up permanent residence, they are semi-permanent tent structures, with their vehicles attached. Is it the same way at the Alvernon Swap meet?

Rancher

14. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Hey now! That's in my scrounging area! LOL
    But recently been looking at some in Pontchatoula...usually find some good items. Need to get back out to Lafayette as well. Come to think of it, there are some nice shops just outside of Gulf Shores, AL, too.

15. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Do they still have that one in Mobile...IIRC at the fair grounds? Top of a hill just north of a small surplus shop?

Seepalaces and sec_monkey like this.
  16. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

yes,I found a brass armadillo and a onxy elephant there today
    and a saxaphone

17. chelloveck

I'm sure you'd look hip in 70's flared pants, a puce floral paisley shirt, and blue suede brothel creepers....:ROFLMAO:

18. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Might as well throw in a green velvet bowler with a feather in it to complete the ensemble. ;)

19. chelloveck

Any feather boas you find, you can throw my way.... ; )

techsar, Seepalaces, oldawg and 3 others like this.
  20. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Mai, Look me up then.

techsar, Seepalaces and sec_monkey like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7