Florida waters

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by Bishop, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Here is a tip if your visiting Florida there is a 50/50 chance that the water your around will have a gator in it well Gators don't go in salt water wrong they can and do gator in your pool maybe gator at your door could be can a gator climb a fence well yes they can Gator aid called in for alligator enjoying day at Myrtle Beach. 35697657. gatorasdf. 13299.

So remember if your in FLA around water your most likely will be around Gators and if your in Gainesville FL your around a whole lot of gators

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

One thing about gators, They will eat a snake.

4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

You have to love the Gator, spiders, snakes, mosquitoes, gnats, and sand spurs. For the most useful thing they do is discourage Damn Yankees and many others from settling here. I could say more, but that pretty much says it all.

5. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Two things about a gator that most Yankees don't know: For short distances they can run faster than a person, and if you can grab their tail, they can take your hand off before you can say "oops!".

If they really want to.

6. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Well this transplanted Yankee grabs a gator tail every chance he gets-course it's usually deep fried first..

7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

We had a big one out on the flightline, that was fun, chasing it with a PaveHawk! Lol Ground Chief was quite the foodie, made some serious BBQ out of him that night!

8. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Don't gators make really cool pets ?

9. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

No. They are possibly the most primal animal ever, driven by pure built in instinct. They know only to eat, protect territory, eat, protect young, and eat. We used to have a "pet" gator that we fed chickens (dead ones) by hand, but relocated him when he tried to bypass the chicken and eat a handler, whom had been working with this gator for several years (ME). They can not be tamed, only conditioned somewhat.

10. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I’ve hunted gators with hook and hatchet.

There’s no “pet” in a gator unless you are a Bond villain. Soulless dinosaurs is what they are.

11. UncleMorgan

Gators are also very strong.

After popping a 5-footer in the eye with a .22 and killing it stone dead, we trussed it's mouth shut as a simple act of pure intelligence.

Then we tossed in in the back of a pickup truck and headed home to skin, slice, dice, and Jully Anne fry it.

Being stone dead, it promptly woke up on the road and tried to thrash it's way out of the truck.

So, being a porky blighter I sat on it.

For nearly ten miles that gator did pushups with 240lbs of blighter on it's back.

I found the ride rather impressive.

12. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

I caught a big rattle snake and my nephew was driving home while I was sitting in the passenger seat my hands were sweating and the snake start to trash around and I was losing my grip I told my nephew to stop and open the door so I could let it go and dry my hands and he said we are almost home and I told him if he did not stop he would be almost to heaven because I was letting it go and it was not going to be in my lap he stopped and opened my door pretty fast

oldawg, Zimmy, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
  13. UncleMorgan

I tried to milk a rattlesnake once. Didn't work.

He kept kicking over the little bucket.

oldawg, Zimmy, Bishop and 3 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7