Foot ball sucks it really really sucks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bishop, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

I am not a foot ball fan in fact I don't watch many sports past high school ball but I here that this guy is the only player in the Steelers football team that's not had his ball cut off and put in a jar.

636418585768237411-GTY-853064080-94058934.JPG

What they should do is pay these players with this images (6).

And see how long it will take them to stand for the national anthem to get this back

images (7).

It's funny how they don't believe in the Constitution but will hide behind what it stands for they all should be dropped off in the middle East and see if they get the respect they want from any of the countries over there

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

It is because that Guy is a Veteran, and put his Life on the Line for his Country, and IT's Flag, and would NEVER disrespect either, or his friends who paid the Ultimate Sacrifice... I applaud His Integrity.....[applaud][applaud][applaud]

3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I killed my NFL package yesterday and the fate of ex-Ranger Alejandro Villanueva is the ONLY NFL related thing I'm interested in until the players put a stop to this BS. I'm not in support of police brutality or racism whatsoever, but do not disrespect the men and women who have lost life and limb gaining and defending their freedom. If the players want to make a statement please go ahead and protest where the violence against black people is happening, and also accept that most violence against blacks is in dense urban areas and committed by other blacks. The solution is jobs and self respect gained by earning your way.

Then I would have respect for the players as well as any celebrities willing to leave their ivory towers and get into the real world.

4. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

What more can go wrong for the players, teams and owners with half-empty stadiums and tv ratings that are in the toilet for the NFL so far this season.

5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Alehandro Villanueva gear has been the top selling NFL franchised gear over the last 24 hours. NFL (Nearly Forgotten Loonies) are you paying attention? What happens when your checks start bouncing?

Villanueva gear best-selling after anthem action

6. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

[​IMG]
    Dolphins/Jets 9/24/17
    [​IMG]
    Rams/49ers 9/21/17
    [​IMG]
    Bears/Titans 9/24/17
    [​IMG]
    Chiefs/Titans 12/18/16

These are but just a few pictures of major NFL teams that simply cannot fill their stadiums even when tickets are selling for a low price. I would like to believe that the economy is the main reason for the lack of attendance to the games, but then why is the TV ratings for these games falling like a rock?

Ura-Ki, Bandit99, Mountainman and 2 others like this.
  7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I know that the whole taking a knee started with that guy on the Seahawks team. I heard he is un-signed and I can see why a team would not want him. The fans are reacting. People tune in on Sunday to watch a game, they are wanting a break from news, life and just want a few hours of football. These protests start at the beginning of the game so the fan is smacked in the face first thing. I am happy that ratings and ticket sales are in a decline.

As for the teams that won't take the field till after the Star Spangled banner, they are playing in the grey area. Too weak to take a stand either way. You are either for or against, but hiding in the tunnel maybe your right but I am sure fans will make note.

8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The economy is picking back up, consumer confidence is back up to pre-Obama levels, joblessness is at a 4 or 5 year low and covfefe prices are at an all time high.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

It wasn't the SeaHawks that Mr. Kapranick played for it was the 49'ers....

Yard Dart and sec_monkey like this.
  10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Thank you BT. Appreciate the correction.

Reason this all started-
    A few weeks later, during preseason, my teammate Colin Kaepernick chose to sit on the bench during the national anthem to protest police brutality.
    Yes, he has rights but he was doing this at work. The NFL playing field is where he works. Somehow since the first sit out by Mr. Kaepernick, this has grown into a Trump thing and all sorts of other issues. I think that is why people are turned off and tuning out the NFL.

Yard Dart and Ura-Ki like this.
  11. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

I gave up on pro football about 30 years ago because I felt the players were overpaid and promoted the wrong ideals to young people and society in general. People tend to put these flank scratching athletes upon pedestals far above what their actual value to society is. Sure, they are great performers and entertainers and seemingly physically superior to common people, but the drug scandals, including performance enhancing steroid use turned me off many years ago, and it seems things have only gotten worse since then. So I'm glad I put the NFL out of my life as it was basically a huge waste of time and energy on my part. Did you know the average lifespan of an NFL player is 55 years, far below the norm, dementia hits 1 in 3 players, so they are not as healthy as they appear on the surface, certainly not the super men they are billed to be by the sports media.

Witch Doctor 01, SB21, Dont and 3 others like this.
  12. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Yeah kaepernick killed his job he wants back into the NFL said he would stand if he was allowed back in lol I guess race only sees green

13. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

If they were more like this guy they would be better off I am proud to call Jarrett a friend he helps the community and will take the time to talk to you with out that I am better than you attitude download (4).

Gator 45/70, Sgt Nambu and 3M-TA3 like this.
  14. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

For one thing, saturating Sunday with more televised games than one might reasonably be expected to watch will just about guarantee that some won't be.

15. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

The true americans, the red blooded, patriots, vets, and other that care about being American and what our flag stands for are speaking out by not attending or supporting these sports or their players!!! Eff Um All!!!! I have never been a fan of these over paid professional clowns, or what they stand for, and this is just more proof that they don't care one bit what we think, until the money stops flowing in!

16. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I will probably be touted as being un-American but I gave up on ALL professional American sports years ago, haven't watch a football, basketball or even baseball game in years - can't remember last time - and my life is no worse for it. They are way overpaid and just in it for the money and notoriety anyway...

Frankly, I hope they go broke and all lose their contracts, jobs, and get kicked from the stadiums. And, why-oh-why hasn't the NFL stepped in to stop their employees from disrupting work, the game? That is fine if they want to protest but do it on their own time and not at work, especially when people are paying premium prices. I hope they go bankrupt... And, I hope Colin Kaepernick rots in hell and never plays professional ball in the USA again - ever.

You know, I am sick to death of this type of BLM bullshit...

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  17. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Exactly what needs to happen. Take away their money and hit 'em where it hurts. They, obviously, have not learned anything from Kapranick's antics. There are many other ways he, and they, could have approached this, if having an issue with it. Obviously, we have some slow learners involved here. But, it is great to see those who haven't jumped on the (short) bus.

Motomom34, sec_monkey and Ura-Ki like this.
  18. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I stopped watching football years ago, pre all this political crap. i have much better things to do than to waste hours watching guys run after a ball.
    That being said, I also do not watch any pro or college sports. Everything about them is overpriced and I have better things to spend my money on.

Motomom34, Bandit99, Dont and 2 others like this.
  19. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Professional sports suck. I quit watching baseball (didn't watch much before though) when they struck for more money and didn't play the world series. Never watched football or basketball. I often wonder how great America would be if we had back all of the hours wasted in front of the idiot box or in a stadium watching some people play schoolyard games for millions of dollars, that we'll never have because we spend our time watching them and buying their crap.

20. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I say we post up a list of all sponsors and supporters so that monkeys can know who to avoid supporting and show what we really think of these assholes who disrespect what this country and it's flag stand for! God Bless America , The Land of the Free, Because of the Brave!!!!

Tully Mars, sec_monkey, SB21 and 3 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7