Forecasting weather

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Merkun, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

The king wanted to go fishing, so he called on the royal weather forecaster and inquired as to the weather forecast for the next few hours.
    The weatherman assured him that there was no chance of rain in the coming days. So the king went fishing with his wife, the queen. On the way he met a farmer on his donkey.
    Upon seeing the king the farmer said, "Your Majesty, you should return to the palace! In just a short time I expect a huge amount of rain to fall in this area”.
    The king was polite and considerate, he replied: "I hold the palace meteorologist in high regard. He is an extensively educated and experienced professional. And besides, I pay him very high wages. He gave me a very different forecast. I trust him.”
    So the king continued on his way. However, a short time later a torrential rain fell from the sky. The King and Queen were totally soaked and their entourage chuckled upon seeing them in such a shameful condition.
    Furious, the king returned to the palace and gave the order to fire the professional. Then he summoned the farmer and offered him the prestigious and high paying role of royal forecaster.
    The farmer said, "Your Majesty, I do not know anything about forecasting. I obtain my information from my donkey. If I see my donkey's ears drooping, it means with certainty that it will rain.”
    So the king hired the donkey.

And thus began the practice of hiring dumb asses to work in the government and occupy its highest and most influential positions.
    The practice is unbroken to this date and thus, the Democrat symbol was born!!!

2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Actually, a donkey that can accurately predict the weather would a smart ass: It's the pride, hubris and ignorance of kings, emperors, and republican presidents who ignore a smart ass telling the truth, and instead, listening to courtiers, flacks and flunkies telling them what they want to hear. No political faction is immune from that kind of asinine stupidity....especially not those of the elephantine kind who seem to suffer from conveniently short memory when they make blunders of their own.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    UncleMorgan, Ura-Ki and Motomom34 like this.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Bingo!

UncleMorgan, Legion489 and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Yep, the democrats got the first pick of symbols. So someplace along the way there was a coin flip?

UncleMorgan and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    couldn't find anything with elly-pants.

UncleMorgan and Ura-Ki like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7