Form 1 SBR quick turnaround.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by wideym, Dec 4, 2018.

1. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

I decided on another SBR AR-15 since I had a few short barreled uppers laying around and the other one is on an NFA Trust. I bought an Anderson lower from another gunshop and they engraved it with their laser engraver for free. Right on the front side of the mag well, nice and out of sight (unless it's pointed at you). I mailed off the Form 1 on the 1st of September and it came back today. The date of approval was the 28th of November. I also accidentally sent in the CLEO notification part, but it was sent back to me in another letter along with my tax stamp.

89 days from me mailing it off to approval and 94 days until I received is the best turnaround time I've seen. Have any of you had a quicker turnaround time? I'm still waiting on a couple of Form 4 suppressors though. Those were sent off about six months ago, hopefully will return any day now.

2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I sent off my silencers first of march this year they got stamped Oct 1.
    Good thing Obama doubled the number of nfa inspectors.

3. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I sit here patiently waiting for my 1st nfa suppressor application to be approved. While my suppressor sits in a safe at a local gunshop.

Ura-Ki and Sapper John like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

SBR's usually take less to process vs Suppressors. My last SBR was right at 4 months, and the shortest wait for suppressors was 8 months! I am hearing wait times are dropping across the board, so I have hope my latest will come in soon, i'm sitting on 4 months as of now!

tacmotusn likes this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Damn I better get my next one started.

Ura-Ki and tacmotusn like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7