Forum Upgrade Saturday 10/23/10- Failed

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by melbo, Oct 22, 2010.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

We will be offline for around an hour tomorrow afternoon/evening for an upgrade to vBulletin 4. I'll post in the shoutbox an hour and then 15 minutes before we go down.

Re-installing our extra tools may take some time but I will get the forums back up as soon as possible and then work on the rest. I'll start a thread in General Discussion for your feedback.

2. Nadja

Nadja RIP 3-11-2013 Forum Leader

Thanks for the heads up Melbo. I guess I better practice having withdrawlels now right ?

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

So. I've run test upgrades on a test server about 15 times now. Never had a failure with anything I tried to do. These test installs were on absolute carbon copies of the database and files that we have here: tonight, my upgrade on the real (live) db and files failed with errors.

I'm just glad I wasn't so cavalier as to not take a backup dump of the live server one more time and stash it in a safe place.

Upgrade aborted.

I'll try it again after a 12 pack... I think I may have been too sober tonight.

4. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

lol...yup, booze helps...what errors did you get? db? any system changes or upgrades prior to upgrade?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7