Forum Upgrade Tonight 01/14/2016 - 12:00 Eastern

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by melbo, Jan 14, 2016.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Minor upgrades to Media Gallery and Core forum software

XenForo Media Gallery 1.1.4 is a maintenance release for our media gallery add-on. We recommend all customers running XenForo Media Gallery to upgrade to 1.1.4 to benefit from increased stability.

This release fixes several bugs that were reported following the release of XenForo Media Gallery 1.1.3:
    • Tweak to attachment uploader styling
    • Better support for RTL languages when tagging users in media
    • Couple of small permission checks in templates
    • Change so that the auto complete search for members in the move media dialog no longer takes into consideration a user's recent activity
    • Change to the RSS feed to show thumbnails by default and remove the individual item descriptions (some readers would ignore the content in favour of the description field)
    • Remove support for setting the "xengalleryMaxCommentsPerPage" option to 0
    For the full list of bug fixes, see the Resolved Media Gallery Bugs forum.

#################################################

Today, we are pleased to release XenForo 1.5.5. This release fixes a number of bugs and issues that were found since the release of 1.5.4. As this is a maintenance release, the vast majority of the focus was an increase in stability.

Please note that we are now formally recommending that you upgrade to PHP 5.4 or newer. Our intention with XenForo 2.0 is to require PHP 5.4 or newer. If you are running PHP 5.3 or 5.2, you will receive a warning when installing or upgrading XenForo.

Some of the bugs fixed in 1.5.5 include:
    • Fix an issue where logging in via Facebook would immediately log you out again
    • Prevent a database error when using the IP Board 4.0/4.1 importer with a IPB 4.1 database
    • Resolve a timeout when dealing with long data URLs
    • No longer require a Facebook App ID to be configured to display Open Graph metadata
    • Workaround for a PHP 7.0.0 / 7.0.1 bug (fixed in 7.0.2) which causes a "Invalid numeric literal" error to be thrown on some -PHP-
    • Fix for "Undefined index: associate_account" error
    • Fix for a potential race condition involving G+ button if it hasn't loaded (or has been blocked)
    • Fix for an "array to string conversion" error in fb_channel.php
    • Workaround for an issue with pasted content being distorted when pasting from Microsoft Edge
    • Fix for an issue which clears custom field values from a form after returning to it after an error (such as registration)
    • Implement retrieving saved draft messages from the "Reply to Thread" page
    • Implement an option to prevent sending mass messages (conversations) via the control panel to users that don't want to receive emails from the admin
    • Force rebuild of rebuilding the add-ons cache after changing an add-ons addon_id
    • More consistent ordering of a users's IP addresses in the control panel
    • Skip email_bounce and email_confirm(_edit) states if a user has just reset their password
    • Include thread prefix in subject of thread watch emails
    • Resolve an inconsistency with use of ISO-8601 weeks and years causing a display glitch in the Weekly Statistics chart
    See the Resolved Bug Reports forum for further information.

As always, please report any issues after we upgrade.

melbo

2. melbo

Completed in 11 minutes. Should be working fine but please report any issues.

3. GOG

GOG Monkey++

Thank you kind sir.

4. melbo

Have found a few issues which are going to require some work to the sidebar on the main page, This also affects the chat box. The chat box and many of the sidebar blocks will disappear while we make changes.

We expect this to take no longer than 10 minutes and are targeting 21:00 EST as a start time.

5. melbo

This will need to be postponed. Been called into the office for an unexpected event.

6. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

check out the "What are you listening to? (Ongoing Participation Thread)" I seem to have lost most of the music content...

Thanks

WD

7. melbo

Well that's disappointing. Not sure I can recover

8. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

We appreciate all you do! Have to love software and the publishers. Unintended consequences abound with every patch.

9. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

You do far more to promote this site, protect it, despam it, than I'm used to. Your efforts are appreciated.

azrancher likes this.
  10. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

Yes much better than another site that wants me to earn another Diploma, and hi-jacks my browser to tell me about it.

Rancher

11. melbo

I've asked the forum software folks for help recovering those images. The only other alternative is to roll back the forum with a backup from Thursday or Friday. We'd lose 3-4 days worth of posts but it may be worth it. I hate broken images.

12. melbo

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7