Found my Christmas present!

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Oddcaliber, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Went to a local pawn shop to retrieve one of my guns. In the glass case was an intriguing little revolver. While waiting on my paper work to clear I asked the sales person if I could see the gun. It's a High Standard R-101,6" barrel fixed sights.Price tag of $179. Since I am somewhat of a regular customer I got them to $150. It's now on lay away with my name on it!

2. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

Oddcaliber... have you fallen off the wagon, do they have a Gun Buyer's Anonymous?

3. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

II hope not! I don't have a problem ,I don't have a problem well maybe just a bit of a problem. LOL.

4. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

They're reliable tools...got a nickel plated one :)

Gator 45/70 and Oddcaliber like this.
  5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Nice find!! Congrats on the new addition...

Oddcaliber likes this.
  6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

7. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

No pics, it didn't happen...

techsar likes this.
  8. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

6"
    [​IMG]

3"
    [​IMG]

9. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Can't do picks,I'm technically challenged. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn!

11. Many years ago I bought a H.S. 999 from a noospaper want ad. Shoots well, much more accurate then I am. Carrys well and is fun to use. Why did H.S. go with nine rounds? H.K.S. speed loaders are still available.

chelloveck and Oddcaliber like this.
  12. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I'm making no argument as to whether "it" did or didn't happen....I posted those images for the benefit of those who don't know what a High Standard R-101 looks like. The claim that because the OP hadn't posted pictures of the purchased gun, that the purchase didn't happen, ought be seen as a bit of ritualistic, wry, tongue poking....a demand that such evidence be provided as proof of purchase, would be just plain childish and silly.

Edit: I hadn't a clue what A HS R-101 pistol looked like....so I posted the pics, for those members and visitors who may not be so side-arm literate.....

The H&R 999 looks like this....
    [​IMG]
    Via: https://www.gunsamerica.com/964039448/H-R-Model-999-Revolver-4-inch barre.htm

I Have This Old Gun: H&R Model 999 Sportsman

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  13. "Hi my name is (insert your name here) and I'm a gun nut." Dianne Feinstein needs help!

Oddcaliber likes this.
  14. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Well,after a month of waiting my new to me 22 revolver is in it's new home! My gun safe is starting to get a bit cramped. It does need a good cleaning though. Don't know when the last time the barrel saw a bore brush. And I thought I had a dirty mind! LOL. Let me get it cleaned up and as soon as possible I'll give a range report.

GOG likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7