From Bonnie Scotland

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by as1mov, Jan 23, 2019.

1. as1mov

as1mov Monkey

Hello everyone, I'm Tommy to all my friends and I'm sure, after reading most of the posts, that this is going to be a real source of encouragement and help to others, Hope I can help with some of that!
    There's not a lot of 'prepping' going on over here in the UK???? I've stored essential non-perishable foodstuffs plus filtered water and have made a few 'Faraday' boxes and pouches, firearms are a problem here (heavily restricted here so hold on to your 2nd Amendment boys and girls!) so I'm very proficient with longbow and crossbow and of course my 'Black Widow' slingshot (it'll put a hole in a car door from 30 feet using 6mm steel bearings). You can't even buy a decent knife here so I make my own 10 inch blade and temper the steel accordingly I also have a Panga which is like a large machete, a South African 'souvinier, a few other odds and ends that'll 'keep the wolves at bay' hehe.
    We had an 'incident' here at Glasgow airport where three moslems, all doctors? tried to blow the place, being Glaswegians, the public (hehe) ignored their threats and beat the hell out out of them until the cops arrived to stop it, all were hospitalised and made use of our 'free' National Health Service??we've have had no further 'incidents' since.
    During WW2, The nazis called our kilted warriors 'the women from hell' no quarter given or expected. CABER FEIDH (the stags antlers, the warcry of highland regiments)

2. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Welcome from SE New Mexico. It'll be great to get your input and perspective on tons of topics.

Kajun

3. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Welcome from central Texas. Lots of good people and knowledge here. Jump on in, take some leave some.

4. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Welcome from N.Louisiana

5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Welcome!!! I took 3 gents from England to the range recently.
    The 2 younger mates had a banging good time with of all things an old Mosin 44
    Kicks like a mule and throws flame like a boss!!!

6. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Welcome and be welcome!

7. BenP

BenP Monkey++

Welcome from Kentucky!

Grandpa Patch, Dunerunner and Ura-Ki like this.
  8. as1mov

as1mov Monkey

Thanks to all, You've made me feel really welcome.
    Last gun I had was a Baikal over&under 12 Gauge ,it too spat some fire, had a couple of 20's and a wee 4/10 , used a few hand guns favourite was the Browning 9mm but that was before 'The Armistice' when they took all our guns, look after that 2nd Amendment boys & Girls, you WILL need all your armament! Things aren't looking too good for any of us. Get all our Boys back home, our 'governments are just abusing them, leave the 'arabs' to sort their own mess out, they'll end each other without any help from us!
    I'm no 'conspiracy theorist' but I'm starting to see where they're coming from.
    Our 'government' has a place much like your Fort 'D' called 'Porton Down' there were lots of 'experiments' done there, they were always asking for 'volunteers' for the 'common cold cure' experiments, how stupid do they think we were. I was in the RAF and the laughs we had when we used to see these posters asking for volunteers, it was bad enough the stuff they were putting in our drinking water to 'kill our ardour'.
    Tommy

9. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Good Morning & Welcome to the monkey @as1mov. Did you make your long bow?

10. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Welcome as1mov . sorry to hear of your country's downward spiral . I believe our 2A is the only reason we're still enjoying the freedoms we do have , but they're working hard on removing that . I'm going to look up that Black Widow slingshot . Check out Bishop on here , he's our slingshot marksmanship expert .

11. as1mov

as1mov Monkey

Yes, seasoned Yew (a pure bugger to get hold of) with CF laminates, Bowstring is home made, seasoned & waxed. Shots are 1 mtr X 4mm seasoned dowelling, flights are crow ( shot with black widow hehe). Very satisfying job you should endeavour to make your own really good for the soul! I think I did well considering the arthritis in my hands. Sanding and finishing was tiresome but well worth it. End caps are 'modified' used brass casings. looks deadly with the black lamination,2 layers. I'll try to remember to upload a pic. I'm thankful to my two eldest boys who helped enormously.

12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Welcome, Isaac. [peep]

[welcomeLG]

You may yet have an excuse to light Macfarlane's lantern. (As we may also if 2A goes out with the trash.)

13. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Welcome from sunny California.

14. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@as1mov "We had an 'incident' here at Glasgow airport where three moslems, all doctors? tried to blow the place, being Glaswegians, the public (hehe) ignored their threats and beat the hell out of them until the cops arrived to stop it,..."

Good for them! People have a right to protect themselves from that sort of scum. I can't remember hearing about this on the news which is no surprise as most of the news here would consider it vigilantism.

Welcome! :) BTW I love your country or, perhaps better said, I love your people and had great times each and every time I was there...or , come to think of it, every time I was around them.

15. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

Welcome from Central Illinois where our weather and yours are the same glad you are here

16. as1mov

as1mov Monkey

Well Bandit99 what can I say, there was quite a queue trying to do the 'honours' the cops had to place a cordon around the 'offenders' till the ambulance arrived!

It made the 'news' here TWO days later

Thanks Mr.Russel hehe ( That looks like a pic of Snake Pliskin from Escape from NY, potrayed by Kurt Russel)
    Right now we've had a wee snow shower off on on, expect a bit more to keep my wee Rottweiler bitch happy, she loves the snow. It's 17:07 on Wed 23rd of Jan here. God bless you all and keep you safe! When the sh*t hits the fan, we'll need you all.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2019
  17. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Welcome to the Monkey tree!

18. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Welcome from the Inland North West @as1mov !! Happy to have you join our troupe of apes..

19. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Welcome from the great State of Jefferson.

Grandpa Patch and Ura-Ki like this.
  20. as1mov

as1mov Monkey

You've all made me very welcome. I hope I'll be able to contribute my fair share here.God bless you true Americans keep the 2nd by any and all means! Remember the reason you have it!

Can't thank you all enough Brothers for making me so very comfortable. Our world need waking up and it looks like the only ones who care. Walk slow, but carry a BIG stick!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2019
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7