Fukashima Update! "Nothing to see here, move along!"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gopherman, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!ohno

kellory likes this.
  2. Gopherman

[​IMG]
    Data proves Fukushima has exceeded Chernobyl in radiation release
    Monday, Septemb
    (NaturalNews) The cumulative amount of radiation released from Fukushima already exceeds that of the infamous 1986 Chernobyl disaster, says a new study published in the journal Nature -- and the damage, of course, is still ongoing.

Scientists from Japan, after testing radiation concentrations in various spots throughout the Pacific Ocean and on land, found that at least 120 petabecquerels (PBq), or 120 quadrillion becquerels (Bq), of radioactive cesium-134 (Cs-134) and cesium-137 (Cs-137) have been released by Fukushima just into the world's oceans.

This figure is 11 percent higher than the total amount of radioactive cesium released by Chernobyl on both land and water, illustrating the true severity of the Fukushima disaster that the mainstream media is concealing from the public.

According to the study, researchers analyzed data collected at numerous measuring stations located throughout the North Pacific Ocean and elsewhere where Fukushima radiation was released. Though incomplete, this data was used to come up with radiation release estimates that account for the spread of contaminated water via ocean currents.

Based on these models, it was determined that up to 46 PBq of Cs-134 was released into the North Pacific Ocean following Fukushima. However, the study also says that the 6 PBq of Cs-134 definitively identified in the study area may represent as little as 10 percent of the overall release, bumping this figure to 60 PBq of Cs-134.

Combined with the total estimated release of Cs-137, the study authors concluded that up to 120 PBq of both types of radioactive cesium were released just into the North Pacific Ocean following the Fukushima disaster. Compared to the 108 PBq of radioactive cesium released during Chernobyl, this represents an 11 percent greater amount.

Fukushima: hands-down the worst nuclear disaster in history
    But it is important to note here that the 108 PBq figure for Chernobyl includes radiation deposited on both land and sea. In the case of Fukushima, the 120 PBq figure only accounts for radiation released into water, and specifically water circulating in the North Pacific Ocean -- the total amount of Fukushima radiation released on both land and sea is likely orders of magnitude higher than this figure.

"A report by the Nuclear [Energy] Agency states that when more detailed deposition data eventually became available, the United Nations estimated the total Chernobyl release of 137CS at 70 PBq," explains ENENews.com.

"134Cs is estimated to have been 53.7% of the 137Cs -- approximately 38 PBq of 134Cs -- resulting in a total of 108 PBq. Unlike the Fukushima total... this does include all 134Cs and 137Cs releases from Chernobyl -- not just what was deposited in the ocean."The implications of this are astounding, as Chernobyl has long been regarded as one of the worst nuclear disasters in history. The exclusion zone surrounding Chernobyl is still mostly deserted, having displaced hundreds of thousands of people, and readings still show high levels of radiation near the plant.

And yet the Chernobyl disaster clearly pales in comparison to Fukushima. Not only is Fukushima far more of a threat to humanity due to its direct proximity to the ocean, but the most credible data we have shows that, in the aftermath, Fukushima is spreading far more radiation across the globe than Chernobyl ever could.

Even worse is the fact that the 120 PBq figure does not take into account all the other radioactive isotopes like strontium, plutonium and uranium that have been spreading through the air and water since 2011 when the disaster occurred. Taking all these other contaminants into account paints an even more dire picture of what the world has to look forward to.

Learn more: Data proves Fukushima has exceeded Chernobyl in radiation release - NaturalNews.com

3. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

It's okay, water naturally disinfects all known radiation, making it potable and perfectly safe. No need to worry, folks. Mankind is from the earth and mankind made radioactive waste, it's all natural like peanut butter and Velveeta cheese. Besides, radiation is good for you!
    [sarc2]

5. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Then why did I wear that radiation badge for myUncle?

Brokor likes this.
  6. Gopherman

It's
    For Style!!
    You do already have all the children you want right? No Problem!
    [kissit]
    [fnny] radiation Burn [nk]Pain that happens next
    Then [micro]

7. HK_User

Check out this Love Nest of radiation.
    [​IMG]
    one of many rusting, decommissioned russian submarines. bellona photo
    [paste:font size="5"]Pripyat. But more than 1,000 miles to the north, the Russians have spent years struggling to dispose of hundreds of nuclear reactors left over from decaying, geriatric Soviet nuke subs.
    nuclear-powered ships during the Cold War, most of them submarines with the occasional surface ship and even icebreaker. But Russia decommissioned more than half of them during the 1980s and 1990s as the economy imploded and Moscow’s military budget collapsed.
    increasing share of the storage for all the contaminated material. The facility, one of the largest for nuclear naval waste in Russia, has been the recipient of millions of dollars in international funding in recent years.
    radioactive waste in the Murmansk region for many decades,” Andrey Zolotkov, the director of St. Petersburg-based environmental group Bellona, told the Barents Observer.
    until last month.
    Nerpa Shipyard where Lepse is to be cut apart is currently occupied by the remains of Soviet submarine K-3 Leninsky Komsomol, the first Soviet nuclear submarine ever built.
    give the sub some historical fanfare or just let it be crushed into safety pins,” wrote Anna Kireeva, an environmental writer with Bellona. The ministry is still undecided.
    next in line at the scrap heap after the Lepse. Not like there’s a hurry.

Yard Dart and Gopherman like this.
  8. Gopherman

Japan braces as super typhoon Vongfong powers north
    [​IMG]
    By Elaine Lies 14 hours ago
    [​IMG]
    View photo
    Typhoon Vongfong is seen in the Pacific Ocean as it approaches Japan's main islands on its northward …
    By Elaine Lies
    TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan was bracing on Friday for its strongest storm this year, a super typhoon powering north toward the Okinawa island chain that threatens to rake a wide swathe of the nation with strong winds and torrential rain.

Typhoon Vongfong, which at one point rivaled last year's devastating Haiyan in strength, was weakening slightly as it moved across the open ocean, but still packed winds gusting as high as 259 kph (160 mph).

"There is no question that it is an extremely large, extremely powerful typhoon," said an official at Japan's Meteorological Agency (JMA).

"It's the strongest storm we've had this year, definitely, although it has lost some strength from its peak."

The storm, which will be Japan's second typhoon in a week, was south of Okinawa, and moving north at 15 kph (9 mph) with sustained winds of 185 kph (114 mph) as of Friday afternoon, the agency said.

The typhoon is moving extremely slowly, which raises the danger of landslides and flooding.

It was likely to be closest to Okinawa, an island chain 1,600 km (1,000 miles) southwest of Tokyo, and the home of the largest contingent of U.S. troops in Japan, late on Saturday or early on Sunday.

Television broadcast images of residents of Minami Daitojima, an island southeast of Okinawa, boarding up windows ahead of the storm.

Government officials were set to meet on Friday night to coordinate their response, Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga told a regular news conference.

"We are calling on all citizens to pay close attention to weather reports and respond promptly if the authorities advise them to evacuate," Suga said.

The typhoon was expected to weaken as it moved north, however, and likely to hit land on Sunday on the westernmost main island of Kyushu, before moving northeast toward Japan's largest main island of Honshu, where it is likely to weaken into a tropical storm. Tokyo was set for heavy rain, at the worst.

Tropical Storm Risk, which tracks typhoons, labeled Vongfong as a Category 4 typhoon, set to weaken to Category 2 before hitting Kyushu.

There are no nuclear plants on Okinawa, but there are two on Kyushu and one on Shikoku island, which borders Kyushu and may be hit. All are currently halted in line with national policy.

The Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant, crippled by an earthquake and tsunami in 2011, is on the other side of the country, which is likely to see rain at the worst.

Vongfong, which means "wasp" in Cantonese, was following the path of Phanfone, a typhoon that slammed the mainland on Monday, disrupting transport and prompting evacuation advisories for hundreds of thousands of people. Seven people were killed, including three U.S. airmen swept out to sea and a man who died while surfing.

Refiner Nansei Sekiyu KK, which is wholly owned by Brazil's Petrobras, suspended marine berth operations at its 100,000 barrels-per-day Nishihara refinery in Okinawa on Thursday but crude refining operations were unaffected. More than 1,000 rescue workers stepped up a search for the last eight missing victims of the Mount Ontake volcanic eruption, hoping to make progress before the storm hits.

It was unusual for two powerful typhoons to hit Japan in such quick succession, the JMA official said, but added the overall number of such storms had not increased.

"It's more coincidence than anything else, mainly due to the way the high pressure systems are located off Japan this year."

Two to four typhoons make landfall in Japan each year.

9. Gopherman

DEFINATELY SCARY!! But,
    I still want to know what happened to the 10 Suitcase Nukes they Lost!

10. HK_User

James Bond and Gold Finger have them.

Yard Dart and Gopherman like this.
  11. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Peanut Butter and Velveeta Cheese? Ewww I think I just lost my appetite

12. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Yeah, I know what you mean. No onion on it right?

Sapper John and fmhuff like this.
  13. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Japan's nuclear cleanup stymied by water woes - Yahoo News

14. HK_User

Gopherman likes this.
  15. Gopherman

"There is no problem!!!" Just a little minor nuclear waste of the coast of California! Cesium 134 nothing to worry about! So what if the plankton is dying and the animals are sick and washing up on the shore covered in sore's! Go Back To Work, and consume, consume, consume......Mwahhahahaha!!!

16. HK_User

You meet the nicest people on the beach. You do not need a beach fire to see them in the glow.

Yard Dart likes this.
  1. JC Refuge
  2. Motomom34
  3. Asia-Off-Grid
  4. Asia-Off-Grid
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. john316
  7. Yard Dart
  8. Yard Dart
  9. AD1
  10. JC Refuge
  11. winston