Fumbling my way around on the internet...

Discussion in 'Technical' started by hot diggity, Feb 4, 2021.

1. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

...and here on Survival Monkey. It's not like I'm new to the internet or keyboards, but I seem to be learning more tricks lately and wondered what else I've been missing. These will sound funny to anybody under 25 who grew up with cellular phones and lap top computers, but I'm 60, so these were revelations to me.

The "Home" key takes you to the top of the page. I learned this late last year. I knew about the "End" key taking you to the end of the page.

I can scroll through albums here on SM instead of having to go from page to page. Is this a new feature? I can click a picture and then use the arrows that appear at the sides to move through the album. (I think I can set it as random, oldest to newest, etc.)

I knew I couldn't see posts in a thread that I'd just made, but I can click on my user name and "My content" and go back to something I posted.

I figured out posting pictures and video links myself. I still can't seem to get on the Monkey chat, here or on the back-up site, but that may be due to my old out-of-date computer.

If anybody has any new tricks to share I'd be happy to learn, and if anybody didn't know the new tricks that I found, please let me know. It'd be nice if it wasn't just me.

GrayGhost, Ganado, techsar and 3 others like this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Welcome to the digital age, we have cookies!

GrayGhost, Dont, Meat and 5 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7