Fun Gun battery for today.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by ochit, Jun 4, 2018.

1. ochit

ochit Monkey+

Remington 870 express 12 or 20 ga
    [​IMG]

Ruger 10/22 22LR

[​IMG]

Ruger MK IV 22LR
    [​IMG]

Beretta 21 22LR

[​IMG]

Ruger in .308 winchester

[​IMG]

PTR 91 .308 / 7.62X51

[​IMG]

Ruger Mini14 .223 Remington 5.56 nato
    [​IMG]

Ruger 77 Hawkeye .223 Remington

[​IMG]

!911 in 9MM or as you like

[​IMG]

Smith & Wesson 686 357 Magnum

[​IMG]

Marlin 1894 357 Magnum

[​IMG]

Ruger Vaquero 357 Magnum
    [​IMG]

Gator 45/70, BenP and arleigh like this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Ima three gun battery kinda dude, a FN/FAL, a AR carbine SBR/Suppressed, and finally a Caspian Double stack 10 MM 1911 side arm! Fast as hell, scary quick, lazer accurate, and I'm gone before the sound of the shot reaches you, right after the bullet ends you! Lol

Gator 45/70, Tully Mars and ochit like this.
  3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Where the heck did you find the XGI? I didn’t think any of them made into production?

EDIT: dang these tiny cellphone screens! That was a scout not an XGI

4. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I'll take 'em all!
    PM me and I'll tell you where to send them.:)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  5. ochit

ochit Monkey+

These are if I was a new prepper I would start collecting, and favorites of mine, of course my caliber choices would be nato 12ga, 308, 223, 22lr,9mm. the odd one is 357 mag is only my location anyone living in dangerous or large game country should go for all the power they can handle accurately.

I am not against any of the new calibers only problem is if your caught like musical chairs in a region of the nation that hates guns or specific ones, most of these are not on the "black" gun list. but use the most prolifically manufactured calibers the world over. I have no issue with 7.62X54 or 7.62X39 but if your not a reloader better have a decent back stock. years ago I had no problem with any caliber you could buy anything and you could order the ammo and in a week or 2 and enough money you had it, that is not as true anymore, I fear one day some of the new calibers will be custom only or unavailable. The parent case and the trouble to size the brass to your caliber and all the dies to form your brass can get time and cash prohibitive many calibers cost $120.00 a box of 20 and if they lost a following and the cartridge went out of production like 41 rimfire or 5MM Remington 41 mag goes for 50 cents each to $1.60 each not that long ago it was a common caliber not so much today political leaders come and go 4 to 8 years and who knows what will come around next time.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. ochit

ochit Monkey+

I just picked these off the net people can get similar look or models of many of these I do not own an XGI I like Mauser

Gator 45/70 and Oddcaliber like this.
  7. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Well my Ruger's are MKII's instead of IV's. Other than that I have all but three of those pictured.

Motomom34, Gator 45/70 and ochit like this.
  8. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

9. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

That's pretty effing tough to beat - each covers it's area quite well with overlap between them. You really have me rethinking pistols. If I had to pick from three I already have it would be:
    AR308 (moving the scope to a 1x6 or 1x8 ACIS reticle on a QD mount)
    [​IMG]
    KSG or one of my piston AR-15 builds
    upload_2018-6-5_7-50-21.

Tangfoglio TZ-75 (not mine, but mine is the same). It's an Italian CZ-75 from when those couldn't be imported. Fits like a glove and shoots very well. Really, really thinking over a 10mm 1911 based pistol.
    [​IMG]

Gator 45/70, ochit and Ura-Ki like this.
  10. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

This is what ya need right here, I'm carrying this one more and More! A Kimber Eclipse Custom 10mm 10+1.
    I think you saw this on my hip last fal at Steve's party, while Ryan was making holsters for several of us! Lol
    20180503_112528.

11. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

And here is the FAL!
    20171109_165210.

Tully Mars, Gator 45/70 and ochit like this.
  12. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

I really like the Marlin Ruger combo. I'd do a Blackhawk with a 9mm cylinder.

Gator 45/70 and ochit like this.
  13. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Yup I remember that Kimber it sure is good looking - what about the tight tolerances that help make it nice and accurate? Have you had any issues in the field with jams from the various crud that outs there? Obviously thinking self defense under adverse conditions. How is the trigger pull? better for the range or better for self defense?

14. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

It's well broken in, about 3200 rounds of full zoot 10mm ammo, once it sort of polished it's self, it has had ZERO failures or any kind! It' a heavy piece, but 12 oz lighter then the Caspian, so that' why I carry it More! The mepro night sights are perfect too, not as bright as Trigicon, which is kinda nice!

Tully Mars, ochit and 3M-TA3 like this.
  15. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Trigger pull is more combat the range, pretty good actually!

Tully Mars and 3M-TA3 like this.
  16. ochit

ochit Monkey+

I got lucky a friend had a Ruger convertible in 357 / 9MM his nephew hocked it and all he had left was the cylinder in blue well it drops right into an old model Vaquero and indexes like it was made for it, and because it's blue easy to identify :D

As to the other comments these are what I would advise or personally collect, I do not have them ;), I did consider overlap, sticking with common calibers and added the Beretta 21 as a concealment backup piece.

In the event of major turmoil if all I had were the 22LR's I put on the list and a lot of fodder I would not fell naked only having a 22 LR might keep people out of trouble realizing limitations where a 223 / 5.56 is just enough to get a novice in trouble thinking para / military and forget that they on your own and burning through your supplies is not good unless you have no alternative.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    3M-TA3 and Oddcaliber like this.
  17. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

My dream gun battery .
    H&R 12 ga
    Puma .454
    Mini 14
    .17 HMR
    .357 mag
    .22 long rifle .

18. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Everybody needs a good 22LR! My Browning A-Bolt Medallion is the last firearm I would willingly part with. It might even get buried with me! I love my 10/22, but that A-Bolt shoots so fine and looks so good!

Tully Mars, Oddcaliber and Ura-Ki like this.
  19. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

If I ever decide to buy a gun you guys and gals seem to make good recommendations !

20. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I like all of the above, but would offer a caution to anybody carrying the Beretta 21A as a defensive handgun. Test it with the intended ammo. It's the most ammo sensitive .22 pistol I've ever encountered, and clearing stuck cases from the tip-up barrel while under fire will get you killed. Jammed, it's not even an effective hammer.

It does have one advantage over most semi-auto handguns. It can be be fired with the muzzle in contact with the target. I've fired 8 rounds in contact with a cardboard target and found my arm followed the pistol right through after about 5 rounds. Would get messy on wet targets.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7