Galivants Ferry Stump

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Tempstar, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Today I had the (dis)pleasure of attending the Galivants Ferry Stump Speaking, a 143 year old South Carolina Democratic tradition. I didn't hear any of the speakers as I was busy playing games on my IPad while running the satellite truck, but in the hours leading up to the speaking whilst running cables here and there, I did take notice of the hard core Democrat people that were in attendance. Most were very nice to me, I'm sure because they thought I was one of them. I felt like a WWII commando dropped deep behind German lines. I was surrounded by the enemy, all there to support this candidate or that candidate and with a common thread of hating, and don't take that word lightly, because I mean HATING Donald Trump. This collection of people varied from transexuals to apple-pie-baking grandmas, black, white, Indian and Asian, the obviously rich and the obviously poor, and all with a common thread no matter which candidate they supported. Signs and t-shirts with vulgar and nasty things about Trump, and more than one that could be construed as a threat on the Presidents life. Impeachment signs and a hay wagon pulled by an antique tractor with "Impeach Trump Now" banners on the side. It all made me realize that the whole Democratic party has been galvanized into a common entity with a common goal, to get Trump out of office. It's funny on it's face, but kinda scary deep down.
    I did take a few minutes and walk across the street and thank the dozen or so Trump supporters/ "protesters" that were there. They had flags and were very respectful, just maintaining a vigil, no shouting, no disruption. The stood there and ignored the shouts and swears hurled at them, many by megaphone, many more from passing motorists.
    The whole ordeal was surreal, like I was in a foreign country. I never realized until today just how truly divided this country has become. There is very little middle ground in this political war, and the hate and vitriol spewed today about President Trump makes me truly fearful of what these people will resort to when Trump wins again in 2020.
    I took them all lightly until today.

2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Maybe that's why Pelousy is pushing so hard on some serious gun control . Heaven forbid a citizen has the tools needed to protect themselves from some rabid group of crazed lunatics being backed by a percentage of our government .

We need some video from inside these Democrap meetings to show people what we really need to expect .

3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

It's an amazing situation we are looking at here today, people have become so damn polar in their stance that any common ground or peaceable conversation isn't possible, which is the truly sad part! 30 years ago, we didnt have any of this, folks could have a meaningful conversation or debate and every one got along and we all learned from the experience! Not now, not today, One party has seized power and their followers are more rabid then we have ever seen, so much so, that they are completely closed off to any discussion or compromise, it's Their way or else, Period, No further discussion! SAD, and what's worse, when it all comes crumbling down all around them they will rant and rave and blame US, and then beg US for their salvation, expect it actually! It's going to be hard times, and while I would love to punvh a few in the face as hard as I can, it will have no effect! It's a mental affliction with no cure!

4. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

" The mental affliction with no cure " ,, is to learn by experience ,,, only,,, if they are able to see thru the smoke and see reality ,, if it's not to late . My opinion is ,, by the time they see thru the smoke , and see the reality ,, they will have already given up everything that would have saved them from reality .

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

6. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

It's that way, because they want it that way. The left has pushed and pushed their agenda, until you go along with it or push back.

SB21, Gator 45/70 and oldawg like this.
  7. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

"galvanized into a common entity with a common goal, to get Trump out of office."

There are simply using this as a means to unite themselves. And, should Trump win again, which I think is about a 50% chance, he will really bring the hammer down and change a number of things since he will have nothing to lose. This isn't anything compared to what will happen then, the hate will boil over.

I especially think it will happen when he changes the immigration laws to be more like the UK and Australia and other first-world countries, to a point-based system, a Merit system. I say this because it seems there is some dark reason behind their demanding unprotected borders and immigration of the least educated. It makes no sense and the only reason I can conclude is pure and simple treason. I know it sounds whacko but...I am truly starting to believe in the 'enemy within.'

SB21, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  8. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

As an aside I put a Bernie bumper sticker on my co-workers truck, the one that hates democrats as much as they hate Trump. Can't wait until he finds it!:p

SB21 likes this.
  9. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

You're an evil man Tempstar. We'll have to change your name to Mr.Evil! LOL!

SB21 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7