GI 30-06 on Garand clips and .30 Carbine ammo

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by stg58, May 1, 2015.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

CMP years ago sold GI surplus ammo I also picked up some nice Danish surplus from the CMP but now only has Greek surplus 30-06 that does not look that great.

The fellow below has Lake City surplus ammo.

Welcome to Bartlett Reloaders - Miscellaneous Page
    Just received some genuine Lake City ammo; this is the real McCoy

.30 Carbine Ball M1
    120 rounds in bandoleers on stripper clips with clip guide
    $60.00/bandoleer of 120rds
    $500/full can of 1080 rds (9 bandoleers)

.30-06 Ball M2
    .30-06 Lake City Ball M2 ammo.
    All packed in 8rd en bloc Garand clips, in original .30 Cal. ammo cans. Viet Nam
    production. Non-corrosive and boxer primed. Original Lake City production, and packed
    by Lake City. Two types available.
    280 rds per can - bulk packed (35 clips per can). LC72 headstamp
    $275 per can

384 rds per full can - packed in 8 bandoleers (6 clips per bandoleer)
    $380 per can (8 bandoleers)
    $50 per bandoleer

Civilian Marksmanship Program eStore

[​IMG]
    All ammunition is subject to deterioration over time. Customers should expect that 5% to 15% of the cartridges in any can may exhibit some stages of discoloration or corrosion or other abnormalities. As with any surplus ammunition, each and every round should be carefully checked before use.

Deformed or otherwise suspect rounds should not be fired.

These cartridges are aged surplus military ammunition. This ammunition is NOT newly-manufactured, and is sold STRICTLY IN “AS IS” CONDITION, with no warranty expressed or implied.

Marck likes this.
  2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey Site Supporter

Just before the Boat accident I purchased some of the Greek ammo. It was excellent, except it did not float.

Marck, stg58, Yard Dart and 1 other person like this.
  3. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

...and my wife thought the .30 Carbine was a bit high @ $120/can.

Glad I didn't listen....and so is she :)

stg58 and Tully Mars like this.
  4. stg58

I don't own a boat but living where the lakes freeze those ice shanty’s and unstable ice have been responsible for the loss of many rounds of ammunition.
    Oh well the world is safer.

oldawg likes this.
  5. HK_User

Safer FOR THE CHILDREN! Sorry, heard that about 4 times on the evening news. But what they really wanted was to fire some SOB.

stg58 likes this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Jesus!
    Learn to roll your own, You won't save money, But you can shoot twice as much....
    And then start over..With the same brass.

Marck and stg58 like this.
  7. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Bud is looking for some Carbine ammo. He is the one doing the trapping/snaring demo at the gathering next weekend. Where are you? If close please PM and will put you two into contact.

8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

stg58 likes this.
  9. stg58

Yes, But a few US GI bandoleers of 30-06 on en bloc clips are a bit of a comfort food.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  10. HK_User

And that will give you the chance to find out how the real stuff looks and feels. Call it the guiding light of how to do it right. How else would you know the difference of Boxer Primed and that other stuff? How you gonna know what a taper crimp is if you only read about it and load only virgin brass? The again what's that deal about primer crimp and how you gonna reload dropped brass by just reading on the internet. And why pay full boat for a single Enblock clip when they come at a discount when you buy the Mil Pack with bandoleer and card boards and ammo can.

Maybe some day I'll learn the basics!

If only that Greek stuff had floated I would know all those things!

11. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I heard about that.....a Buddy stored all his ammo in an ice shanty, and come summertime, he went to get some, and it seems some bastage stole the ammo shanty and all!! [dunno]who would have thunk it? Can't trust anybody....:cautious:

stg58 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7