Gimmie a Lift?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by 3M-TA3, Aug 15, 2018.

1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Man moves, lifts and stands 20 ton stone using nothing but his brains, pebbles, wood, and simple tools by himself.Pretty handy techniques if you need to move things but don't have access to heavy equipment.

I've moved heavy objects using a similar technique of walking, by using the built in leverage of the object to lift it until it rests on a corner and then swinging it in the direction I want to go, then alternating corner and direction, etc. until I get it in place.

2. That's one hypothesis on how the Moai on Easter island were moved

Dunerunner, 3M-TA3 and Motomom34 like this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I've seen this before, always amazing! Thanks!

Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  4. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Yes, I also have seen this before but it is so amazing that I watched it again and will probably do so in the near future. Man's creativity and ingenuity at its finest.

Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  5. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Some 50-60years ago a man moved bigger blocks and did it using magnetic fields /gravity apparently but the technology died with him fearing it could be used by governments wrongly.
    So far as moving these blocks in the video ,dad and I moved buildings round similarly .
    Long as one is not in a hurry, a lot can be done .
    So far as stone hinge , that's no mystery ,
    Just because the mechanical advantages had been removed does not make it special .

Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7