Giving Thanks~ Thanksgiving 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Motomom34, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Thanksgiving is a time to share, a time to reflect and count your blessings; a time of giving thanks. Americans celebrate Thanksgiving this week which is the start of the holiday season. In our family each person at the table says what they are thankful for. I ask my fellow monkeys to join me in saying what they are thankful for. (Americans, Canadians, Australians and all other countries please join in sharing what you are thankful for)

What I am thankful on this Thanksgiving:

I am so thankful for my children and our good health. After a whirlwind last 12 months, I have learned that nothing matters but those I love. I look at my children and see that they also are learning the lessons that nothing else matters, everything else is materialistic or temporary but to have family and friends to laugh and love is the good stuff in life.

My dad continues to cheat death and amuse his doctors for this I am very happy. I am thankful that I was able to go home this summer and hug those that I love.

To my friends, you are all blessings. Those dear friends who give me a cyber hug when needed, a hand up when life knocks me on my bottom or a kick in rear, you mean the world to me. I am thankful for the time and laughter that I shared with Pax and will cherish those memories.

And I am thankful for Survival Monkey and the members. I still continue to learn from your posts and am very grateful that we have this forum to exchange our ideas and thoughts.

GOG, Bandit99, Alf60 and 11 others like this.
  2. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

I am thankful to be here at this time and place
    I am thankful for the skills I have learned thru experience and the years I have been granted
    I am thankful that I live in the now and never in the past
    I am thankful to live until I don't

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I am thankful for My wonderful Life, My Good Wife, My Children, both living and dead, My Grandchildren....
    I am grateful for where I live, and the Hard Work that got me here...
    I am thankful for My God, and his Saving Grace....

Capt. Tyree, Bandit99, Alf60 and 8 others like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Great times! I'm Most thankful for everyday above ground. Thankful for my wonderful Wife and family, my two boys who are serving ( oldest in Ass-Stan) and my in-laws who are visiting from Ukraine.
    I'm thankful for this forum and the many outstanding members here and continue to share much fun and good info back and forth, and more then a few hugs from a few members here! Most of all, I'm thankful that my Mom is kicking Cancer ass so far and is doing well considering, and a good friend here is also fighting this terrible affliction and is holding on as best he can during the hard parts. Hang in there Buddy, were all pulling for ya!!!

5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Thankful for my Wife, Children, Grandchildren, .... family. Thankful for living in a country where I have had opportunity, a stable government, and the ability to earn a respectable income over the years and enjoy retirement. I am thankful for those who face our enemies at home and in foreign lands to preserve our way of life and our Constitution. I am thankful for my health and that of my family. I am thankful that God has blessed me with this life and all it has brought me.

Capt. Tyree, Bandit99, Alf60 and 6 others like this.
  6. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

I'm thankful that I could find a woman that will put up with my manifest faults and has for the last 42 years.

I'm thankful for all the children and grandchildren that bless my life.

I am most grateful for those Heavenly hosts that rode shotgun with my son and got him back to us more or less in one piece after his time in the Corps.

I'm thankful for the employment I enjoy, the freedoms we can all still exercise, for the bounty that provides the food for this season and for many fine people I have met on this board.

Happy Thanksgiving! May the Holidays bring you joy.

GOG, Bandit99, sec_monkey and 5 others like this.
  7. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I am thankful that rap music is on the way out. I am thankful that I still got all my fingers and toes. I am thankful that I found my barrel wrench.

8. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

Well...this year I came down with lung cancer, so thankful for life itself! The tumors are shrinking so that too!
    Thanks for my family, my wife and caregiver.
    Thanks for what we think of as Peace on Earth.
    Special thanks for our troops, who have decided to place their bodies between us all and harm! Bless you, boys and girls!
    I’m thankful for the quality of the other members here and on the other forum I attend!

Ok, here’s where I differ a little from Motomom, who I’m also thankful for and appreciate, family and friends, peace on our turbulent little planet, check!
    After I let out that I was fighting cancer a bunch of the guys on my other forum (where I’ve been a member for years) got together and built me a very top component AR-15! Materialistic or no, I’m really thankful for that baby!!! :D

Yard Dart, GOG, Bandit99 and 9 others like this.
  9. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I heard all about that. Very nice. Wish I was closer, I would have joined the gathering.

Sgt Nambu and GOG like this.
  1. Motomom34
  2. Andy the Aussie
  3. runswithdogs
  4. Meat
  5. Yard Dart
  6. Motomom34
  7. Bishop
    [img] [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Feb 7, 2019, 6 replies, in forum: Back to Basics
  8. Motomom34
  9. Thunder5Ranch