Glock E-tool

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by stg58, Feb 26, 2013.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

Picked up a Glock E-tool at a local resale store.

Very lite and the saw looks handy but does not seem as if it would hold up or function as well as the GI tri-fold E-tool.

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I have one but admit that I've never done much to test it.

3. Gunny Highway

Gunny Highway Hard Work and Sacrifice blessed by God's Grace Site Supporter

I've done extensive digging with mine ( great as far as digging with an e tool gets vs real shovel ) and actually tried out the saw tool ( average at best better than some I have used and better than no saw at all but not spectacular ). Wears well - if you can get one used and at good price I have to recommend for BOB

stg58 likes this.
  4. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+ Site Supporter+

I have one that I received as a gift and I value it highly. I've not used it, but it's in my bag.

5. Beano

Beano Monkey

I used to have one, and found that it was as good as my GI e-tool. I think I gave it to someone a while back. My favorite compact digging implement, however, is the Spetsnaz shovel sold by Cold Steel back in the day. It doesn't handle as much soil as the Glock, Gerber, or the USGI, but it gets a real good bite and can take a real sharp edge to hack through roots. Well worth the sacrifice of not being foldable. My BOB has a USGI e-tool, a small wrecking bar, and a Gerber camp saw/machete.

Silversnake likes this.
  6. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey..... Moderator Site Supporter++

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7