GOA

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by OldDude49, Jul 16, 2020.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Just joined the GOA today... select payments to become a life member...

there are other levels of membership...

hope I can afford it...

posting link in case anyone is interested... doing what I can to fight for our rights...

would rather fight it out in court then on the streets to tell the truth...

but should the left take the next election (mail in voter fraud?)... well... goodbye all rights?

from where I sit SEEMS like the only way they can take the next election is by fraud... but maybe I'm outta touch?

Life Member

GOG, 3M-TA3, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Quite possibly...All non-TRumpists need to do, is register themselves to vote, and cast their personal vote on polling day. Apathy and un-involvement in the democratic process weakens, not strengthens democracy.

snake6264 likes this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

After all these years, Chell still doesn’t get it... Just like all his Democratic buddies... The United States of America is NOT a Democracy, and all those that think so are, are deluded... The USA is a Constitutional Representative REPUBLIC, and was founded as such in it’s inception, and still is today.. I mean REALLY, is that to hard a concept to grasp... Constitutional Representative Republic....

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The fundamental problem with the various and sundry governing schemes in use today world wide is that the differences, similarities, and relative effects on the population is NOT taught nor studied outside of academia. The differences are more important when a republic is mislabeled as a democracy. Now, think about the Democratic People's Republic of Korea and drive yourself batty.

Food for Chelly to explatorate for us. When and how does an oligarchy become a dictatorship?

Yard Dart likes this.
  5. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands...

we here in the USA are NOT a democracy... the founders were fully aware of what a democracy was...

as Franklin is reported saying... democracy is 2 wolves and one sheep voting on what's for dinner...

Oddcaliber, GOG, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Democracy is mob rule.

Oddcaliber, GOG, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  7. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

8. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Demo-cry-see

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

III%

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

well it used to be. I think the 17th Amendment perverted the Senate into a second House, bribing us with our own money for votes instead of representing the states in a struggle to keep power local. That was the only real check on runaway federal government. The only real limit now on federal control is how much they think they can get away with before the frogs jump out of the pot.

Oddcaliber and Dont like this.
  11. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Rather than give a give a detailed reply to your post #3 GOA and derail @OldDude49 's self congratulatory GOA thread into the realms of political civics, I wish to suggest that you might review your reading spectacles prescription and/or read what what was written in post #2 more carefully than you evidently had done. I made no claim in that post that the USA is a democracy (Though it clearly is a 'liberal democracy' more so than a 'social democracy'). I was referring to the political process and political philosophy which underpins the political structure, which in the USA's case, is in the form of a constitutional representative republic.

United States | History, Map, Flag, & Population
    republic | Definition, History, & Facts

democracy | Origin and meaning of democracy by Online Etymology Dictionary

Not all republics are democracies, and not all democracies are republics, but a political system which is not democratic in nature, is as like to be a system where the 'demos' (the people) live at the whim of rulers whom they had not chosen; rulers who may not be removed short of a successful rebellion. Undemocratic political arrangements are rarely beneficent for the ruled, and usually result in tyranny.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7