Gold silver

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by oldman11, Aug 15, 2018.

1. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

what’s happening to gold and silver this morning?

2. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

mornin oldman11 :)

not a whole lot is happenin .. they was down earlier ..

what kinda movement are ya seein?

either way gold aint a buy right now ..

internet tokens are down sharply ..

3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

If you are a gold and silver dealer sitting on a bunch of inventory, shit is hitting the fan for you.
    Gold is down to about a 18 to 20 month low.
    Not a horrible buy.
    I'm probably going to buy some here fairly soon.
    I sold almost all my gold at 1,350 when I was telling people not to buy.

4. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I had to sell off a good bit of mine about a year ago to help my daughter,, was wanting to restock. Looks like I need to start watching prices again. Can anyone speculate on how low they're expecting prices to go ?

sec_monkey likes this.
  5. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Knee Jerk Reaction to some false news.
    Never found any Gold I could Eat or keep me warm. Makes pretty poor bullets and takes to much to build a cabin. Kinda cold to snuggle up to.

oldawg, Bandit99 and sec_monkey like this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Bottom of this gold market down turn is supposed to be around $1,180. I think it could go as low as $1,150.

The gold price is down because our stock market is soaring, the price of oil isn't that scarry and China is still doing a massive commodity sell off.
    Not a knee jerk this has been going on for the last 2 months. Gold doesn't knee jerk lower, it typically slowly creeps lower and shoots up or knee jerks up when there is bad news.

Cash, gold reserves are precisely what you want during a financial melt down.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    Bandit99 and sec_monkey like this.
  7. HK_User

I keep all my Reserves in my pocket. Never have to pay a commission or worry about the ups and downs.

sec_monkey likes this.
  8. HK_User

The Old time Ranchers and Doctors around here never had Bank accounts and both always controlled large amounts of commerce.

Ready Cash Money talks and I have seen some amazing exchanges from one front pocket to another's.
    No checks, no let me cash in my gold,just cash transactions. Free trade at work.

In fact I'm living on part of what use to be a 1400 acre small ranch.
    Oldman died kids rushed to sell it off.

SB21 and sec_monkey like this.
  9. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

What about silver were do you think it’s going?

10. HK_User

I assume this is an open question?

Silver is a manufacturing metal, good times mean its use goes up so figure it to go up if good times roll.

sec_monkey likes this.
  11. HK_User

Junk silver is pocket money, always good to have around along with FRNs until things bottom and settle out.

FRNs are scrip and always possible to be devalued or have the color changed.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    sec_monkey likes this.
  12. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I have been watching gold like a hawk these pass months exactly for the reasons you gave. I still don't think it is quite the right time for purchase yet as see the economy continue to gain ground, deregulation continue and the administration continue to be business friendly which will cause gold to go down even further. I expect to see a quick peak/bubble as people pull the trigger to purchase but then continue down. Oh, I think also it will go as low as $1150, possibly more. I don't think it will get down to $1000 but somewhere between $1000-$1150 is what I am betting. Well, it might get to a $1000 if Trump gets in for a second term... I think gold is a real indicator of economic certainty and the people's faith in it. My intent is to purchase a big chunk (coins) for insurance so I will continue to watch because cannot see anything that would hurt the economy for the next 2 years besides a war so...

Gator 45/70, sec_monkey and HK_User like this.
  13. MtMoriah

MtMoriah Monkey

Fact is all fiat currencies have always failed throughout history. There is no exception.

Rubles, dollars, yen, the list goes on will also eventually fail. Gold, silver, and other metals are the opposite - over the course of thousands of years they have kept value. During those thousands of years fiat currencies have all come to nothing.

Notice how the US dollar has decreased in value about 5% per year for quite some time. The price of virtually everything has gone up. Other fiat currencies have decreased in value even more.

Put $100 in your pocket for a year. Next year that $100 is only worth $95 of what it was. Year after year this occurs. Not a great way of staying wealthy.

I find it a good idea of value to keep some gold and silver on hand just in case.

Bitcoin is also anti-fiat and could very well change the world much as engines changed the use of horses and the printing press knocked out the use of scribes.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. HK_User

Well that last line Xed it out for me

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  15. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Seems to me that's a fairly close match to inflation over the long haul.

Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  16. sec_monkey

bitcoin has crashed in a yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge way

it went from an artificially inflated $20,000 to a still artificially inflated $6,492 in a real short period of time

other internet coins have gone to near $0

nvidia said it expects their revenue from selling mining chips to drop to about $0 in the near future

Gator 45/70, HK_User and VisuTrac like this.
  17. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

But if ya bought bitcoin under 10 bucks .. it gained in a yuuuuuge way as well. I guess timing is everything.

That said .. only exchange fiat for crypto if you can afford to lose both.

Gator 45/70, HK_User and sec_monkey like this.
  18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

With comparisons being made to the economy now doing as well as the economy did in the late 1990s and early 2000s the gold price was around 200 to $400 per ounce.
    No one wanted gold when you could put your money in the stock market make a crap load of money.
    If the economy continues to boom we may see a return to the historic 1:1.5 gold/platinum ratio.
    Which if platinum stayed around $1000 an ounce that would put gold around $650.
    In a booming economy platinum usually stays around $900 to $1,200 an ounce.

Gator 45/70, HK_User and sec_monkey like this.
  19. sec_monkey

Platinum is at $794.00 right now

Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  20. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Platinum is down because of the Asian commodities sell off.
    Everyone holding platinum over there is selling it now so they don't get hit with tariffs later on.
    All this excess supply is coming out of china. It's probably a good buy being at a 7 year low.
    As far as PM goes I have the most money tied up in platinum right now.

sec_monkey likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7