GOP Rep Supports Gun Control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Legion489, Oct 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

[​IMG]
    Yup, politics as usual. Can't repeal Obozo care, but they can disarm the law abiding citizen and leave criminals alone!

GOP Rep Supports Gun Control for Bump Stocks

Rep. Kevin Yoder (R-KS) used an October 5 press release to announce his support for gun control for bump stocks.

His announcement was tweeted by KCTV’s Emily Sinovic with the hashtag #GunControl.

In the announcement, Yoder inaccurately claims bump stocks “convert legal firearms into an automatic weapon.” In actuality, the ATF approved bump stocks in 2010 because they do not convert semiautomatics into full auto. Rick Vasquez, former acting chief of the Firearms Technology Branch of the ATF, told USA Today that bump stocks were legalized because they are “an accessory, not a conversion device.”

Read More
    source: GOP Rep Kevin Yoder Supports Gun Control for Bump Stocks

Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

IMO a bump stock is a worthless gimmick that only succeeds in wasting ammo. I'm almost surprised that ammo manufacturers don't give them away for free. Nonetheless I do not support any legislation making it harder for these to buy.

3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Although I expect to see them (bump stocks) as the sacrificial lamb in this round of calls for more gun control, I do not believe more regulation is going to make any headway into solving the problem. The problem lives in the space between an persons ears and whether the instrument is a truck, an airplane, a 1958 Buick Road Master, or an AR15 with an attached bump stock, No law will stop a deranged or misdirected person from committing another senseless act of violence. Remove Evil from the world and you will have eliminated the problem. Maybe they should just outlaw Evil?

4. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

That would get rid of politicians and lawyers, too. ;)

5. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Time to take notes and pull them out at election time. Oh, and send that Email informing the rhino of WHY you will vote against them..

oldman11 and Tully Mars like this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

This is bs.
    They all need to be voted out if it passes. They couldn't repeal Obama care but they pass useless garbage their voters don't want.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  7. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendme...ck-ban-outlaw/

Quote:
    While Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) presents her latest piece of gun control legislation as narrowly focused on bump stocks, the reality is that the language of the bill includes bans on other firearm accessories too.

Tully Mars likes this.
  8. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

The problem is when you give up one thing, they come back later demanding everything.

9. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Stepping stones. Give them the first, eventually they take it all.

10. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I didn't even know these stupid things existed. I prefer aiming and conserving ammo.

Dont, Thunder5Ranch and oldman11 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7