Got an eMail from ATF....

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by BTPost, Oct 4, 2019.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

They want to come “ Inspect” my FFL Books and Inventory... They said they would be “ In Town” between 10/16 & 10/18 ... So I eMailed him back, and said “Are you under the impression that I am located in Juneau, Ak, If you will look at the address on my FFL, you will realize that I am 60 miles west of Juneau, and there are No roads that connect me to Juneau.. The only way In or Out of Excursion Inlet is by Bush Plane, or Boat... The two Bush Plane outfits that fly here are Ward Air, and our Mail Carrier, Alaska SeaPlanes, and a charter will cost you, $800US plus standby time, while you are here... A boat trip if you can find someone to bring you is an 6-8 hour trip each way... Also understand, the Wx this time of year may strand you, over night or even a couple of days... You are more than welcome to come out, I just want to make sure, you are prepared, for the adventure.”
    20 Minutes later I received another eMail from the guy, saying “maybe we should rethink this Inspection, and look at next spring or summer, when the Wx would’t be such a factor... If you have any Questions, you can call, or eMail me anytime.”

This would be my Second Inspection in 40 years, of being an. FFL....

Alf60, Idahoser, BenP and 28 others like this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

[LMAO][LMAO][LMAO][LMAO][lolol][lolol][lolol][ROFL][ROFL][ROFL][fnny][fnny][fnny]

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

You could have charged them a 'Reasonable' rate to stay at the bunk house. And given them MRE's for chow. That ought to prevent any other visit in the future as well.

4. BTPost

Naw, AlaskaChick wouldn’t have any of that... We would feed and house him, as we would any stranger, stuck here by Weather... And maybe I could have a conversation with him, “Off the Record” about things I would like to understand, about what they do...

5. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

(What Dunerunner said!)

techsar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Well played.

Altoidfishfins likes this.
  7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Ditto

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I give you full marks for being fair, as I'm not too sure they would be. I'm a miserable olde pharte and might just have let them get to Juneau and find out the trip wasn't over.

9. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Would have been better if you would have just said, come on over. Let them find their own bread crumbs.

10. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I would have said ,, Looking forward to seeing you , what time should we expect you ,,, and see if they could be on time ..

11. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

No sympathy for the Devil, Man plans: God laughs.

12. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Yep...no warning at all.

At some point, they would have called and said "You're located WHERE exactly ?"

13. BTPost

Yea, He had to go look it up, before replying... and then decided this wasn’t an Adventure, he wanted to take... Well, that is just fine with me...

GOG, VisuTrac, Altoidfishfins and 3 others like this.
  14. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

You know you live in a nice place when you’ve got to give coordinates as directions.
    I envy you BT.

Idahoser, Oddcaliber, GOG and 6 others like this.
  15. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Nice! I love it!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Oh! I bet he will indeed COME in the Spring/Summer if they can get a supervisor to sign off on the trip...and they'll tie in some fishing or hunting. And, it won't cost them a dime...airfare, meals, hotel...not a dime.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

You probably just got permantly placed on the "roundtoit" list.

Gator 45/70 and Oddcaliber like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7