Government vs. Free Enterprise

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Legion489, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Government vs. Free Enterprise…all this excellent article needs is:

Vote Trump, at the end!

This message has importance and merit all the way to the last word!

WAL-MART VS. THE MORONS (NOT A JOKE)

I know lots of folks don’t like Wal-Mart, but this is fascinating.

This is spot-on.

PLEASE, READ THIS TO THE END. IT IS VERY INTERESTING!!!

Wal-Mart vs. The Morons

1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart Every hour of every day.

2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick’s Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.

4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears + Costco+K-Mart combined.

5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world’s largest private employer, and most speak English.

6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.

7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.

8. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.

9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.

11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at Wal-Mart stores. (Earth’s population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)

12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart. You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the groundwork for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the economy.

This should be read and understood by all Americans… Democrats, Republicans, EVERYONE!!

All of these accomplishments are in spite of government and many other attempts to obstruct them.

To President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature, it is now official that the majority of you are corrupt morons:

a. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 240 years to get it right and it is broke.

b. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 80 years to get it right and it is broke.

c. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 77 years to get it right and it is broke.

d. War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 51 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to “the poor” and they only want more.

e. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 50 years to get it right and they are broke.

f. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 45 years to get it right and it is broke.

g. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 38 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

You have FAILED in every “government service” you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars.

AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM??

Folks, keep this circulating. It is very well stated. Maybe it will end up in the e-mails of some of our “duly elected” (they never read anything) and their staff will clue them in on how Americans feel.

AND:

I know what’s wrong. We have lost our minds to “Political Correctness”!!!!!!!

Someone please tell me what is wrong with all the people that run this country!!!!!!

We’re “broke” and can’t help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless etc. and over the last months we have provided aid to Haiti, Chile, and Turkey and now Pakistan (the previous home of bin Laden). Literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!

Our retired seniors living on a ‘fixed income’ receive no aid nor do they get any breaks.

AMERICA: a country where we have homeless without shelter, children going to bed hungry, elderly going without needed medicines, and mentally ill without treatment, etc.

Imagine if the GOVERNMENT gave “U S” the same support they give to other countries. Sad isn’t it?

BEING UNITED SAVES AMERICA!

duane, Taku and 3M-TA3 like this.
  2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Walmart does not pay the majority of it's employees a living wage. Not everyone can be a store or department manager, pharmacist, buyer or work in the back office.

They sell so much stuff at such a high profit margin because it's produced overseas and of marginal quality.

Yep, let's all strive to work for and be like Walmart .. we will all be using those debit cards from the government to buy food at an employee discount to supplement our part-time job at Walmart.

JMPO.

Ganado likes this.
  3. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

"Walmart does not pay the majority of it's employees a living wage."

Don't know where you are at, but locally they pay $10/hour which is more than I was making at my job before it moved out of town. $10 is also at least $2/hour more than most places are paying here too.

BoonDocks_36 and Taku like this.
  4. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

So, single, 35 hr/wk at 10.00 .. 350 before taxes, so maybe 300 per week after?
    1200 per month.

Housing in my neck of the woods is 750 for a super crappy 1 bedroom apt. Add car (or saving for maintenance 100/ month), car insurance (50/month not collision), health insurance (100 for crappy bronze plan), food and fuel from the remaining 200.

I guess that's a living wage then .. barely living

Ganado likes this.
  5. svjoe

svjoe Angry Monkey

I hate everything about Wal-Mart.........killed small business in America IMHO

Yard Dart and VisuTrac like this.
  6. BoonDocks_36

BoonDocks_36 Monkey+

Wal-Mart also hires those outside of typical "desired Working Ages" Notice your Wal-Mart GREETER, the next time you enter, And Actually greet them, interaction with a Senior Citizen !!! I find the Average 75+ year old person to be Much more interesting to talk to, than the ~I know Everything worth knowing~ 35 year old . . .

Add to that, that Wal-Mart EMPLOYEES handicapped persons, and I find that a Wonderful Gift to our Local Economy, While also building the Self Esteem of said worker. I personally knew the "Cart Collector" at my favorite W-M store, Always a Smile, Rain or Shine, and ready to assist me, in my time of handicap, issues of debilitating body wear, from Working 14-16 hour days when I needed to make ends meet.

I am fortunate, that only One of the three Operations thought to be necessary to repair my body, were Actually needed, COMPREHENSIVE Physical Therapy has done wonders for my Right Hip...

WalMart, its good for bashing, if that is what one needs to do, OR its good for Selective Shopping, which All should also do.

philip

Taku and Legion489 like this.
  7. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

The real back bone of wal mart was sam walton and he is dead. He was frugal, very frugal in the beginning. THeir corporate headquarters... the office space doubles as an auditorium. So the office workers sit on a slanted floor lol. Not bashing just giving info here. Because Sam Walton is dead, his heirs are not as astute.

I am with Visutrack on this. WalMart does not pay a living wage. ANd they mostly employee part time so they don't have to pay people insurance etc. Their food is cheap and rots within 3 days of taking it home. Sure they do thing right for making money but not for any care for the people in the community or their employees.

All service jobs are now based on 'what is Walmart paying'

So saying that 'we should ask the people who run walmart to run the country' is like saying we should let the gorrilla run the zoo. (Oh I forgot we kill gorrilla's who get out of their cage or touch a stupid child who went into the cage)

where do these ridiculously shallow, and undeveloped ideas come from!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

svjoe likes this.
  8. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

I now go to Smith's/Krogers for my needs...

They honor state law regarding open or concealed carry as well...

even after they were pressured by the left to stop doing it they still honor state law...

so they get my business AND their prices are reasonable... perhaps a tad higher then wally world mart but...

Taku and AD1 like this.
  9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I don't have a choice to go to WallMart, in town, anymore... They CLOSED ours because they were losing their collective "Shirts" trying to keep their FlatLand Prices, but having to Pay the Freight Bill to get their Stuff ip here.....

AD1 likes this.
  10. Withak

Withak Monkey

A lot of truth to that. I worked 2 jobs for several years until I got on to one with a better wage. I worked for minimum wage and just above MW for several years while I gained experience and tried to work up the ladder. From there, I found a better job that required me to take a pay cut of $5/hr, but ultimately led me to a much better paying job. I never expected a MW job to increase thir pay to accommodate my desire for more money, that was always on me. I had to put in a 5-year apprenticeship, going to school 2 nights a week while working full time, all the while completing homework on the evenings I didn't have school. In fact, I worked 50-60+ hours much of that 5 years, while going to school. I was tired much of the time, really worn out, but after that 5-years (which passed fairly quickly looking back), I ended up making a wage that many people would wish they make. Couple that with a good work ethic, and I've been quite blessed to have never been unemployed since I entered this field in 1993.

Getting a better paying job can happen for most folks. It may take considerable effort in time and talent, but it can be done. It may even take relocating to a better place with more opportunity.

Taku and AD1 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7