Grand Solar Minimum and Survival

Discussion in 'Politics' started by deMolay, Dec 24, 2018.

1. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Fascinating! American ingenuity at its best.

2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I am , learning, building, growing, aquaponics.
    It occurs to me that it might become necessary to salvage/capture the condensation on the green house if possible, if things turn bad that will mean arid areas that are cold and dry will likely not get any rain , I am concerned about that here.
    I don't have a well nor the finances to drill one, however there are orange groves and grape vineyards here that are on wells I might have access to, in a post apocalyptic event .I have a few thousand gallons in reserve but that won't last long. .

DuxDawg and Zimmy like this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

You live and die by your water.
    If you do not have thy self a well then sell your cloaks and swords so that you may have one.

T. Riley and Zimmy like this.
  4. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

You really should give this a listen.

mysterymet likes this.
  5. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

You mean the pic with the blue water barrel ? Those are polycarbonate glazing panels on a small greenhouse, where the larger hoop house is sheet plastic covered. We do have a solar electric panel system but it's not in these photos.

At the hoop house, I have a solar collector system, vacuum tube style, that runs hot water in the floor of the house.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

duane, Motomom34 and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  6. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

Very nice, did you build the solar collection system yourself? And do you run glycol in the coils or water. Gonna steal some of your ideas.

7. TnAndy

Bought the system (collectors, tank, pump, controller) as a package. Built the mounting for the collector out of some 2" galvanized angle and did the install. Tank has a sealed exchange loop for running a glycol mix thru from the collector, rest of it I used plain water. My current plan is to move the system to the house for domestic hot water backup to the existing propane water heater, with the idea to reduce our biggest use of propane. (about 200gal/year)

Couple things I found you might find of use. Really needs about double-triple that collector space (I used 3 headers of 16 tubes each, 48 tube total) for what I was trying to do. Domestic hot water, you'd be fine with that setup.....heating a greenhouse, not so much. I ended up adding a wood stove as well. Lot of the stuff we do is "let's try it and see what happens" Some works out great, other stuff, not so much. :D

Other thing we found was heating is only part of the trying to grow 4 season problem.....the other is the lack of day light hours. Stuff just seems to sit 'idle' waiting for more day light, so now we don't try to heat the house....we grow 2 good seasons of warmer stuff (tomatoes, beans, etc) and go into fall with cool/cold season crops like cabbage/lettuce/broccoli, use frost covers on the plants if we get a cold snap, finishing the harvest of them about now and let the house sit empty for 2 months. March, we start over.

8. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Dr Shrink provided materials far tougher than most polyvinyl carbonants .
    shrink wrap comes on several colors including clear , but I'd use white for the green house. 9mill thick and is weldable to it's self .
    I have not seen a better material resistant to UV radiation and brutal force of wind. Snow slides off like grease on hot steel .
    It is used to cover stadiums and big construction projects as well as used for sealing up boats for the winter , I have seen this material stand up several years in the sun and wind and snow , Living in the mountains I even made a cover for my truck for while it's parked and makes it nicer to walk up to my vehicle and drive away in moments while others are still trying to get their key in the door or using a credit card to clean the wind shield and then dealing with all the snow accumulation on the vehicle while at work or just getting up in the morning.
    I prove it over and over yet no one listens , so I laugh at them every day every morning every snow fall

duane likes this.
  9. TnAndy

Reading on it, says 12 month UV guarantee. Polycarbonate panels on our small house are triple wall for a lot more R value, and have a 10 year UV rating. Most greenhouse plastic is rated 4 year. The plastic cover on our hoop house is at 4 years now, and no sign of degrade, so maybe 5-6yrs ?

Also, using a double layer with air blower keeping the two layers separated is a often used practice with greenhouse plastic. Would the shrink wrap want to stick to itself and not 'inflate' ? Just asking.....as that adds R value doing this.

Motomom34 and oldman11 like this.
  10. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Before the food riots start, perhaps building one of these would a good idea. This one is in Calgary Canada.

Farming on a 1/4 acre lot.

works as long as the neighbors don't treat it as if it is the local food-mart....for free.

11. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

China knows what is coming, their records going back several thousand years. They are well aware of the chaos and famines unleased by each GSM.
    Their dynasties have risen and fell with the solar max and solar minimum.
    I think they have been positioning themselves for what is approaching by burrowing into Africa.
    Some reports I have read, they have bought over 100m acres of the best farmland in Africa and the food is all exported back to China.
    With their development of the huge Road and Belt Project, China is now heavily embedded in Africa. And connected by the massive infrastructure of the Road and Belt Project all the way across, Asia and Europe to London.
    How China Colonized An Entire Continent Without Firing A Single Shot

DuxDawg and Zimmy like this.
  12. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

13. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

If you follow Valentina Zharkova's research on the approaching Grand Solar Minimum which she released Oct 18 2018.
    In it she claims that what is coming will reduce the global temp. by 15F. This means that Chicago's climate will then be in Atlanta Georgia. This will take US commercial grain and corn farming down the drain. The US will eventually no longer be able to export wheat or corn. The Die Back globally will be in the Billions. Her paper claims that the approaching GSM will be 2x as bad as the Maunder Minimum which this file is talking about.
    In the Maunder Minimum, just 2 of the Sun's 4 magnetic fields shutdown. This time it will be all 4 magnetic fields. The sun will go cold for a long time. She has reached out to try and warn people to prepare. But the Elite and msm do not want to warn people, because they are totally supporting the global warming scenario and can not see wht is approaching. Anyway check out what happened in the last Grand Solar Minimum. Very stark. She warns that famine will be global beginning 2028. The shortages and crop shortfalls globally have already began. And will increase the closer we get to that time. Prepare as best you can.

Attached Files:

DuxDawg, Ganado and mysterymet like this.
  14. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

DuxDawg, Motomom34 and mysterymet like this.
  15. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

That is a part of it, this occurred during the Dalton Minimum.
    And mainly by Volcanic activity. The GSM increases volcanic activity along with earthquakes.

Ganado and mysterymet like this.
  16. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

A good video by Ice Age Farmer on raising Landrace varieties of crops.

Benjamin A. Wood and Ganado like this.
  17. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

Ganado likes this.
  18. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

DuxDawg, deMolay and Motomom34 like this.
  19. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Earth Catastrophe Cycle (playlist is always being updated with new videos)

Highly recommended viewing

Ganado and deMolay like this.
  20. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

well guerilla to me is a bit different. for example I bought 6 Sun Roots or Jerusalem Artichokes. I planted a couple in 3 different patches. and ignored them. to most people they look like a flower, but the roots are survival food, can also use the seeds if needed. Or plant little patches of vegetables here and there around the property or in the bush, and take them when needed.

DKR, Zimmy, Ganado and 1 other person like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7