Greater Idaho

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by kitty, Mar 8, 2020.

1. kitty

kitty Monkey+++

Signatures are being collected in Oregon to become part of Idaho state, creating a new expanded Greater Idaho.
    This would leave Portland, Eugene and Salem (the major Liberal Cities) on their own to continue their move towards state dictatorship.
    Greater Idaho Home Page
    FAQs: http://www.greateridaho.org/the_downloads/2020/main/FAQ.pdf

Greater_Idaho_192.

The Democratic Party has a super majority in the legislatures of Oregon and California, and the governors are Democrats. These legislatures can be expected to be in favor of strengthening the position of their party in their state by letting Trump-voting counties leave. They should be in favor of improving their state finances by allowing the departure of counties that don’t pay their share of income and sales taxes because of lower incomes.

Visit the link to read up on the more recent updates.

Sign me up and make me a Greater Idahoan!

Dunerunner, SB21, Sapper John and 4 others like this.
  2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I'd like to see it as a stepping stone to establish a Jefferson State. but I don't see cooperation from any of the West Coast states. The reason is that the ruling party is able to maintain super majorities in their legislature already, and of those counties leave they lose that tax base. No way will they willingly give up monies from people who they don't have to placate or even represent.

Gray Wolf, Dunerunner, SB21 and 3 others like this.
  3. kitty

kitty Monkey+++

improbable but not impossible. At least the people of Oregon are interested. I'd rather pay taxes to a government not run by Kate Brown. She's for the people , if you live in Multnomah County and are a member of Antifa.

Dunerunner, SB21, Seawolf1090 and 4 others like this.
  4. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

This could be interesting. If by some remote chance it is successful, it would set a modern precedent.
    The situation in Virginia comes to mind and for much the same reasons. I'm sure it has those in Eastern Washington State and perhaps even Northern California (talking maybe Redding on North) scratching their heads as well.

Dunerunner, SB21, Mountainman and 2 others like this.
  5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

If central WA went along with this movement..... I would be moving there right quick!!!!

6. Ill should do the same. Make chi town sink or swim on its own.

7. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Something needs to happen soon since when I was in Commiefornia in 1989 and the so called assault weapon BS started I did not register any of what I had and was a felon until I moved to Oregon. Will not comply with any unconstitutional anti gun laws here either. Back will soon be up against a wall with the Demotards pushing anti gun laws and running out of options.

8. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

I am of the opinion that all states should adopt a electoral college type system to prevent massive population areas from ruling the state.

what we have now is a tyranny of democracy over the rights under the Constitution and Bill of Rights...

which is why the electoral college was originally implemented so one or t states could not force the rest of the nation to comply with their wish's

the founders were aware of democratic rule and it's pit falls!

9. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Eastern Washington has been trying to leave the west side to their own misery for some time.. See the State of Liberty. Personaly, I am of the mind that those folks are just being humored and will not be allowed to get it done. Just another way to distract from the globalist efforts.

10. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

I've been harping about a state level Electoral College for years.
    As an original resident of upstate NY, I was one of many that absolutely loathe the urban bastions of Tyranny. We'd sit in the (now closed) German restaurant/bar after a Saturday of ice racing and discuss how to scrape Albany and everything south in the Hudson Valley into Long Island Sound. Upstate voters are completely disenfranchised by the major metro areas, and they know it.

11. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

maybe we should all start writing letters n such?

don't know that it will do much good... but???

Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  12. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Our Founding Fathers never for a minute thought that States would not be representative of their constituents, or maybe they did. There certainly does not seem to be any criteria requiring an equal distribution of "power of the people and by the people" in State elections to guard against majority rule. It needs to change, but I have no idea how to accomplish it without having control of the State legislature and Governors office.

13. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Yes, and as @Dont stated, Eastern Washington has a serious on-going movement to also depart Washington State and become part of Idaho or become their own state (Liberty State) so...Idaho Uber Alles! (Note: I reside in Northern Idaho)

Yard Dart, Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  14. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

thing is... often they say we need to vote on it...

and the big cities vote it down... so... ???

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]

16. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Not too sure of what to think about this. I understand the situation but want to be careful of what I wish for. I came to Idaho many years ago because I liked what it was. Still do. Not so sure of what it would become. Once its gone, its gone.

Dont and Gator 45/70 like this.
  17. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

BD, yeah, me too. I came here 5 years ago and the change I have seen in just 5 years is astounding! However, I have found the people coming here, mainly from California, all seem to be good, upstanding people, running away from a state ran by lunatics escaped from an insane asylum. I am speaking only of Northern Idaho... Still the increase in population is changing Northern Idaho in all ways which I find disturbing as the roads become congested, schools become crowded, Developers move in, and taxes and crime go up.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

here in Nevada this is happening as well... heard the dems just created a new tax here as well...

have no state income tax right now... but give em time...

19. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Came to Idaho in 1964. I was really nice. Starting about the 80's it really started to boom. Some things are better now, others not so much. Still better then most places.

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7