Gulf Monkies - Ida Impact? How are you faring?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 3M-TA3, Aug 30, 2021.

1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Hoping all of you that were in Ida's path are safe and sound. Just checking to see how you who still have power and comms are holding up.

duane, GOG, Ura-Ki and 3 others like this.
  2. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Still here. No power, boil water notice for my Parish. No flooding and moderate damage. Not too bad in my area.

Altoidfishfins, Brokor, Dont and 8 others like this.
  3. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Just a bit of storm surge and some breezes and rain here, lots of rain.

4. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

[biggrouphug] [biggrouphug]

5. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Hope y'all stay safe, and always remember that if things get really bad FEMA is there for you....well not actually THERE cause that would be unsafe and uncomfortable, but you can reach them via social media...while you are standing in waist deep water, no power, no cell towers, no internet, etc.. :rolleyes::eek::oops:o_O:cautious:

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Okay here, The boys house took a glancing blow from a tree last night, Roofs leaking,On generator power, Roads are blocked by trees this am last I heard.
    Hardheaded 82 Year old paw-in-law wouldn't evacuate up here...Last I heard his hardheaded old ass was on generator power. No phone service, He lives in the middle of the Chacahula swamp, Probable trees across the 1 road in and out?
    He could probably eat a nutria and make it taste good?

7. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

If you put enough Tobacco sauce on it!

oldawg, Capt. Tyree and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Grid is out for 98% of the parish, no voice phone only occasional text. Sprint hotspot is the only one with any sort of connectivity. Wind drove a bit of water thru the roofing somehow, but no damage...just a bunch of small branches in the yard.
    Ac working good on solar/genset.

9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Bet the Ham bands are humming from DC to Light…

techsar, GOG, Altoidfishfins and 4 others like this.
  10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I bet, I find it to be a dry meat, But you won't starve !

techsar, 3M-TA3 and Oddcaliber like this.
  11. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Ida didn't impress me much! Here in NW Alabama we got 2.5 inches of rain...over a three day period! The worst was Sunday afternoon, while I was driving home from work, the wind was blowing the rain sideways...for about 15 minutes and we got 0.5 inch of rain. Monday and Tuesday was just drizzle, but it added up to 2 inches. I'm sure Ida was something else on the Gulf Coast and I hope everyone is safe, but I've seen worse.

12. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

We got it pretty good here from Ida. No power low water pressure. However my area got relatively little damage and no flooding. Mostly roof shingles, siding missing. My building did better than I expected. No major damage. The GF is still livid about not having AC but she will get over it.

techsar, GOG, Altoidfishfins and 2 others like this.
  13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

If yall guessed the only legal form of money being used in the area is cash then rest easy knowing the millions you have under the mattress is still working. Now looters don't need cash, They only need to be lucky.

14. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

As of this morning, my brother in Mandeville (north if N.O. ) still doesn't have electricity.

15. madmax

madmax Far right. Bipolar. Veteran. Don't push me.

Nephew is still waiting on word about his restaurant in downtown N.O. He lives inland. No elec. But he bought high ground up there. I hope his business survives. He's had a terrible year or two. Workers stay home rather than come in and work. They get paid and don't have to pay rent. So what's the incentive? Disgusting to people raised with a work ethic.

16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

The boy got power back today down in Denham.
    Ran into a group of Hispanics filling up 500 gallon plastic totes with gasoline.
    They are driving in from New Orleans over a hundred miles away for fuel to run generators and stuff......

17. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Good to hear some power is coming back!

Those guys getting gas need to tell this lady about using containers
    [​IMG]

Oddcaliber and Gator 45/70 like this.
  18. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Seems the LSPolice are stopping and confiscating the gasoline from our Hispanic gentlemen, Something silly like no hazmat stickers.
    Or lack of paperwork, Like a MSDS sheet ?
    Free gas for the cruisers?

19. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Filled up my truck today. Price was $2.99 a gallon! Didn't need much because it was still a little below 3/4 tank. Filled up Saturday morning before work. At least I saw more gas stations open now. Lines still long but they have gas.

techsar, Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  20. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

Brother in Mandeville has power back on.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7