Gun Rights March

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Minuteman, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Got this newsletter today. Seems there is amovement to put together a "Million Gun Owner" march on Washington.

1- Million Gun March

The lamestream media told you:
    Nothing.

The Uninvited Ombudsman notes however that:
    Frustrated and angry over government's failure to protect the right to keep and bear arms, and facing confiscation schemes and outrageous infringements on the remnants of the right to keep and bear, citizens nationwide are talking about a proposed Million Gun March to be held in Washington, D.C. in April of 2010.

"It takes a lot of lead time to organize such an event, and get the permits and such," a supporter has said, who prefers to remain unidentified for fear of reprisals. "The details are being worked out, giving us plenty of time to spread the word and build support for a massive pro-rights rally."
    It should be noted that the right to keep and bear arms is so restricted in the nation's capital, the most this could be is a Million Gunowner March. Nevertheless, it's an interesting concept and reflects the public's growing unrest.

A website is in place and under construction. Rumored alternate rallies at all 50 state capitals, for people who cannot travel to D.C. for the Main Event, may take place as well. Stand by for future details.
    http://www.milliongunownermarch.com/

WARNING: "Unless it's a very large and successful rally, we won't get any media. And the media that would show up would only take a photo of the guy with Indian corn for teeth, wearing camouflage bib overalls and a t-shirt with a racist slogan and holes in it. And the only guys they ever quote are the ones who talk about black helicopters, the Illuminati and fake moon landings." -Fred D. [Note: Fred's got a point -- There should be a dress code, camera crews should be shadowed by silver-tongued spokespeople, we should handle this like our opposition would, smartly; this is early in a new project, it bears close watching.]

Late breaking news: Ted Nugent has agreed to perform at what is now The Second Amendment March, according to event organizer Skip Coryell.

2. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

The Nuge will be there, I'm goin...this is important. They come get my wasr/1911 it's suicide by cop, they'll just keep sending them until you are dead...its not that I like them that much its just a line.
    and I don't want to hurt anybody jackboot or grandma.
    Any wi monkeys got a van?we could make a pilgrimmage split costs and have a dry place to sleep

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I think I can do this, just need to find a place to stay. (Motels in that area are a mite pricey.) Wonder if the NRA building in Fairfax has enough floor space for a bunch of sleeping bags.

4. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

I still have friends(high-power shooting friends;he'll probably march if he's not out of the country) in fairfax from my hq afosi days...I'm sure I could rangle a livingroom from my buddy mike!plus we got alot of catching up to do. be a nice bike trip...

5. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

thanks for the heads up pastor...:)

6. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

I'll be there, please keep us up to date on this.

7. Minuteman

I got a motorhome that sleeps 6. Might make for a great road trip. Might pick up a few monkeys on the way!

8. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Monkey wagon!
    uh..."shotgun"!

9. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

OK, I'll take bitch! Ha ha.

10. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Pastor you gonna take the .50 off the roof turret mount??

11. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Unless the people all bring guns and plan on using them, count me out this time.

12. Minuteman

The .50 is too intimidating to the prostiticians in DC. I may have to swap it out for the 1919! But I am not covering up my bumper stickers; "Happiness is a belt fed weapon", "When all else fails, vote from the rooftops", "Any of lifes problems can be solved with a suitable apllication of high explosives".

I wonder if we'll have trouble parking?

13. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

be parking in pennsylvania no doubt.
    gasmasks and video cameras guys?( probably not gas masks, just pisses off the imperial stormtroopers).

14. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I want to be in on this! We need to spread the word everywhere, not just here. April 2010 is realistic, this year would be too short notice. Please if you are serious with this get us all the info you can here.

15. Pauly Walnuts

Pauly Walnuts Monkey++

Posted this on a few sites.

16. toemag

toemag Monkey++

I don't know if you guys have studied any recent history or not, lets just go to the UK and all the marches that the gun owners did there and what it got them, nada, zilch, not a sausage.

Now unless you people are planning on turning this into a march and shoot, forget it, waste of time and energy.

I marched in the UK, and am now residing in Bavaria Germany, sort of tells its own sad story.

Tony

17. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I don't want to be the one to point this out but we have a bit of a history of getting our point across that is sorely lacking in the UK, for the most part. The first example that comes to mind is our declaration of independence to the King of England; they didn't much favor that but we eventually got our point across.

18. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Should it actually turn that way, FEMA will get a chance to test out their camps if they are so fortunate as to succeed in settling the marcher's hash.

If this goes as it should, DC will be crawling with DHS representatives. What no one wants to see is some hothead losing his cool and starting something that won't finish neatly one way or the other. I think we have but one try at getting the message over peacefully. After that, it'll be "Katie! Bar the door."

Origin of Katie -

This phrase is little used outside the USA. It may or may not have originated there. The first known use in print of Katy bar the door with the meaning of 'trouble is in store' is in James Whitcomb Riley's poem 'When Lide Married Him' (1894):
    See http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/213750.html for more -

19. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

I have cross posted this on 2 other forums with basicly no responce. :rolleyes:

OGM

20. toemag

toemag Monkey++

SC, I ain't looking for a fight, just pointing out to you how the Democracy thing works these days, they won the election, a million man march, just how many people in the US are eligible to vote 120 million?, what's 1 million to them, they won the election big, they are in power for the next 4 years. I did my peaceful marching, and we were ignored, scorned and laughed at, the next time I march for anything worth my while, I'll not be coming away empty handed.

There are so many loose ends coming together here if you just take the time to read what is posted, in different threads and paint a picture.

The Economy is all but lost, Obama is talking about rebuilding, as far as I can see the structures are still there, just need re-organising, and the rot removed.

Then there's the stimulus package, and how it's being divided and spent, that would seriously suggests that the state governments are doing pretty much what we are, (prepping), just at another level, more money and resources at their disposal, investing all that money in emergency shelter and food, re-building repairing schools and public buildings, (which coincidently double as emergency shelter), with very little of the money actually reaching Joe the plumbers pocket.

H.R.45, would be dealt with by the Attorney General, and who's army of administrative worker's? You'd have one year to register your weapons (if you comply), just how many million gun owners are there in the US? how many will not have been registered due to backlogs at the Attorney Generals office, when do they start prosecuting those who didn't get registered in time through no fault of their own, after the year amnesty?

Only time will tell, have your march, and we'll see what happens in the future. Believe me when I say that I truly hope and pray that you are heard.

The worlds collective Governments are getting ready for something big, and as usual we get to collect the tab.

Tony

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7