H.R.1263 - National Firearms Amendments Act of 2019

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by RouteClearance, Mar 5, 2019.

1. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

Here is the new proposed Assault Weapons ban of 2019
    Text - H.R.1263 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): National Firearms Amendments Act of 2019

As written, if this if becomes law, it will not grandfather currently owned weapon that would be effected. You would have 120 days to register your weapons or become instant felons.

(b) Applicability.—Any person who, on the date of the enactment of this Act, lawfully owns or possesses a semiautomatic rifle or shotgun (as defined in section 5845(a) of such Code, as amended by this Act) that has the capacity to accept a detachable ammunition feeding device (as defined in such section) shall, not later than 120 days after the date of enactment of this Act, register the semiautomatic rifle or shotgun in accordance with section 5841 of such Code. Such registration shall become a part of the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record required to be maintained by such section. The prohibition on possession of an unregistered firearm under section 5861 of such Code shall not apply to possession of such a semiautomatic rifle or shotgun that has the capacity to accept such a detachable ammunition feeding device on any date that is 120 days or less after the enactment of this Act.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    Ura-Ki, Motomom34 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I would expect the Senate to stop it and if not then it is 'game on' and the streets will runs red. I just hope those spineless parasites in the House that voted for this law are the first to go but they will expect someone else to die for them...as always.

Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

ooo insta criminals of about 100 million people.
    This is going to be interesting.
    Wouldn't that be making the largest standing army the world had and probably ever will see?

Just guessing enforcement is going to be difficult at best.

Ura-Ki, Yard Dart, Dont and 2 others like this.
  4. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

Ha, ha, ha, we would quickly discover if bureaucrats rule, or it is government by the people...

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I suspect that a whole bunch of Demoncrates would run for the hills, come next election cycle, if such a Statute was passed, and signed into Law... as well as making Trump a one term President... Most Repubs would run on a “Repeal of the Act” Platform and corral every FireArms owners vote...

Ura-Ki, Oltymer and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. VisuTrac

Please let it happen in winter.

7. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

D.O.A.

8. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record.....

Last I heard there was NO such thing.

They can f.o.a.d.

ETA: The National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record deals with NFA weapons...learned something new ;)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Did I ever mention the pirogue.s I flipped while hunting? Lost a lot of things and you know,Those guns won't float !!!

oldawg, Lancer and Ura-Ki like this.
  10. VisuTrac

Is it bad of me to hope it passes and trump signs it? It would cause the issue to be settled once and for all. Albeit .. it could be quite messy before the final resolution.

And hopefully the UN would stay out of it. We won't need any target practice.

Lancer, Mountainman, Ura-Ki and 3 others like this.
  11. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

I am glad that I am not the only one that thinks this way. I don’t want to fight this as an old as the hills geezer. So as Pink once sang, “let’s get this party started”

12. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

They can't even keep track of what's on the NFA registry now.

Think of the push-back on voter ID laws. Remember all those arguments? How can the same arguments NOT apply to a semi-auto registration scheme? LOL! There's one thing that the gun folk I hang out with have in common. With an amazing level of acceptance that goes beyond politics, pigmentation, and every other personal preference, they're all going to "cling" to their guns.

As an interesting side note, there are some really interesting pieces that have been removed from the NFA registry because they're old, funky and considered obsolete. :)

These lists are not all-inclusive, since once removed the firearm was apparently forgotten. ;) Enjoy!

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs/p-5300-11-firearms-curios-or-relics-listpdf/download

Oltymer and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

It seems like a law like this would cause someone somewhere to be building a list of the anti American perpetrators of this kind of attack on our American constitutional civil liberties. [dunno] Just a guess here.

Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and hot diggity like this.
  14. Salted Weapon

Salted Weapon Monkey+++

First, it wont pass.

Second, Yawn........ no one would do anything. Circa 1995 no one did nothing when they had that asshat rifle ban.

Third, I get tired not point at anyone here, just in general. All these will not comply folks.
    They will not rebel oh maybe they will sock them away for a revolution that will never come.

Everyone loves their retirement pensions, their boats and cars, and paycheck. All would stop
    if a revolution occurred. People you know and love would most likely die. The level needed would be historical in nature, just based on all those people that are armed. If 1/2 stood, at least 1/2 of those would fall. Words are great, but no where in history
    have they solved this level we are talking. I am not saying revolt, I am not saying civil war should be. I am
    saying it is much more then many can even fathom the toll it would take.

If it ever does, I would have their six........ to old to care and still young enough to cause damage.
    But I think it will go like it has been, the no comply people did in California, Did in Oregon and WA state

15. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

A complete doxing of all who signed this would be in order.

16. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Let it all burn and Lets dance in the ruins! Come and Take them, I'm ready, better bring a lunch!

18. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

It won't pass the Senate and IF it does Trump will veto it. The Democrats really are stupid!

Salted Weapon and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Yep....that last one right there......

20. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

People thought Trump would veto the bump stock ban.
    Please go to this link, scroll down to the Gun Regulation section. Political positions of Donald Trump - Wikipedia IMO he could go either way.

Mountainman and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7