Happy Birthday Ghrit!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tracy, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

old_fart.
    I hope that your day brings you many smiles, dear friend!
    :D

ghrit likes this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Well By Golly...Happy Birthday !!!!!!!

ghrit likes this.
  3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

How did I ever miss my buddy's birthday!!! Hope you have some fun today to start off a year of health, happiness, good shooting, and miles and miles of safe riding - think about Knob Creek!

ghrit likes this.
  4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Happy Birthday

ghrit likes this.
  5. F. Ticious

F. Ticious Monkey+

Happy Birthday from me and the menagerie
    Mr. Ghrits.JPG

ghrit likes this.
  6. Jeff Brackett

Jeff Brackett Monkey+++

7. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

[​IMG]

ghrit likes this.
  8. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Have a Happy Birthday Ghrit and many,many,more!

ghrit likes this.
  9. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Happy Birthday!

ghrit likes this.
  10. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Happy spawn day... *send good mojo Ghrits way*

ghrit likes this.
  11. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

You're not young anymore. Well, let's hope you don't need diapers again. Have a happy B-Day!
    [​IMG]

To think, he was once a wee little one...way back before electricity and aeroplanes.

VisuTrac and ghrit like this.
  12. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I guess this would make him an old silverbacked monkey.

Happy Birthday!

ghrit likes this.
  13. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Have a happy girth and many more ,if ya can stand it !!!!!!!!LOL

ghrit likes this.
  14. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Oh, I forgot to add, please notify the fire department before lighting the candles. You might need a burn permit.

ghrit likes this.
  15. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Wishing the Ghrit'ster a very happy Birthday..... ......

ghrit likes this.
  16. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Happy day G!

ghrit likes this.
  17. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I never expected to achieve the age I've managed, I've run on the ragged edge of the cliff too many times. Guess I've been lucky, didn't go over the edge. Must be I haven't accomplished the plan for me yet. But here I am, starting on my eighth decade. Yes, I just turned 70. You've seen me, often, allow as how I'm old; now you know just how old. Might even be I hold the high branch in the banana tree in terms of years passed by.

Age is a bit subjective, it's said that you are only as old as you feel. Some mornings you wake up feeling 19, and others you feel as you imagine 90 feels. The older you get, the lower proportion of 19s shows up, and your imagination is found to be less than the reality.

I can tell you all: Accumulating years changes your perspective on prepping. The younger you are, the more time and effort you have to spend getting ready for your worst, or most probable, case of interruption to life as you know it. By the time you think you are ready come what may, your situation has changed, and you have to change your thinking to match. Then something crops up and makes you shift your priorities, it's a never ending (and fun to those that don't obsess over it) exercise or hobby if you prefer to call it that. My advice is to never let prepping become a drag on life. You can't enjoy the passage of time if you fill up all your hours worrying over minutia, say what size needles to go into the FAK. Sniff the roses, guys, it's worth the break in routine and takes your mind off the asteroid hit that won't happen in your lifetime anyway.

Thanks to all that have sent good wishes my way. I'm gratified to know there are folks out there that really mean it, rather than making mouth music to be polite, and that some of them are Monkeys. This community has become a home for many of us, and I suppose we would not stick around if it weren't a comfortable place to be.

18. probie

probie Monkey

Happy birthday man. hope you have a great 21st b-day lol

ghrit likes this.
  19. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

Happy B-Day!! Like my dad told me a few years back and now I am finally starting to understand Even old hounds Still like to hunt and run rabbit. Just at a little slower pace. Wish you many more!!!!!!!

ghrit likes this.
  20. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Happy belated B-Day ghrit, hope you are able to enjoy many more to come. Keep the rubber side down!

ghrit likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7