House Dems Introduce ‘Assault Weapons Ban of 2015′

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by stg58, Dec 22, 2015.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

It would seem that this one will go nowhere but they are like vermin outside of your house they will keep trying to get in.

House Dems Introduce 'Assault Weapons Ban of 2015' - GunsAmerica Digest
    Joined by 123-co-sponsors in the House of Representatives, U.S. Congressman David N. Cicilline (D-RI) introduced the Assault Weapons Ban of 2015 to prohibit the sale, transfer, production and importation of many widely popular and commonly owned rifles, shotguns and handguns.

Despite the fact that these weapons are rarely used in the commission of crimes, Cicilline, and his Democratic cohorts believe that the ban is a key component to reducing gun-related violence.
    “The sole purpose of these types of weapons is to kill as many people as quickly as possible,” said Cicilline in a press release.

“It is unconscionable that we continue to allow military-style weapons to be bought and sold while mass shootings are growing more common,” he added. “This bill is an important first step that will restore some sanity to the way we treat guns in the United States.”

The Assault Weapons Ban of 2015 will prohibit the sale, transfer, production, and importation of:

• Semi-automatic rifles and handguns with a military-style feature that can accept a detachable magazine;
    • Semi-automatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds;
    • Semi-automatic shotguns with a military-style feature;
    • Any ammunition feeding device that can hold more than 10 rounds;
    • And 157 specifically-named and listed firearms.
    The Assault Weapons Ban of 2015 will also attempt to close what gun-grabbers refer to as the “Charleston Loophole,” the existing law that allows a sale or transfer to proceed if a buyer’s background check is not completed within three days. According to the language of the bill, the background check period would be extended to 14 days.

Additionally, if it is determined that a gun was sold to a prohibited individual, the FBI will notify federal, state, and local law enforcement so that the firearm can be confiscated and the buyer can be prosecuted for violating the law.

“I would like to commend my friend, Congressman David Cicilline, for leading this effort and introducing this life-saving legislation,” said Congresswoman Janice Hahn.

Marck and Motomom34 like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

This is nothing more than the DemonCrats posturing, spreading BS, and acting PC for their Liberal Base, who never have even seen a REAL Weapon, in Real Life, and are Scared of even a Picture of a REAL Weapon, because it might jump right of the Paper and KILL THEM.... It will not even get into a Committee, let alone, get out of one... Any Yahoo, CongressCritter, can write up a Bill, to do ANYTHING... It doesn't even have to be Constitutional... All it has to be is, IN English, and be able to be read... Not a very High Standard.... Even for Congressmen...

Altoidfishfins and Dunerunner like this.
  3. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Mahalo @stg58 for posting. Sorry, I cannot like it. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And if the left has their way, they would also ban people or reduce the population in the name of public safety and preventing "global warming" or "climate change" or whatever...

But they get to choose which population. Namely, the non-believers of their way and non-supporters. But the radicals live can keep their weapons, because to deny them would be offensive and not politically correct. And anyone that gives them money or votes is ok too. At least it sure seems that way. Sheesh...

Dunerunner, 3M-TA3 and Tully Mars like this.
  4. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja Jedi Bipolar WINNING M.L.F.

They only need to pass it 1x and it'll never get rescinded.

Motomom34, Dunerunner, 3M-TA3 and 2 others like this.
  5. stg58

Yes, there will never be a sunset clause like the Klinton ban.

Marck and Dunerunner like this.
  6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Damn, it's going to be that heat shield on the shotgun again.

Dunerunner and 3M-TA3 like this.
  7. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey Site Supporter+

Bastards.

OTOH, Cha Ching goes the gun store cash registers this holiday season!

8. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  9. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Monkey

Glad the credit cards are paid off..... for a minute!

My God, but these people are abject idiots!!

10. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Hopefully, everyone ought to have what they need already.

chimo, Tully Mars and oldawg like this.
  11. stg58

Wow, it sounds like they talked their way out of it once.

This sounds like Cerberus Capital Management LP is going to buy Stag..
    Malkowski is in advanced talks with a New York private equity firm to sell the company, Stag and the government said.

Marck likes this.
  12. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

As he could have been licensed to manufacture them for sale to government agencies for (I believe) $1000 a year it doesn't make much sense.

Marck likes this.
  13. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King Site Supporter

They were so licensed...these were basically technical and paperwork violations....with the exception of the obliterated SNs, that's puzzling.

14. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

And the missing Receivers, both Semi AND Full-Auto.... Could be a Record Keeping Error, or it Could Be A Diversion Of Product.... We will know for sure, if one ever SHOWS UP....

VisuTrac likes this.
  15. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

No, I don't. But I'm working on it. Lack of funding makes most any project...problematic. I will work on it as funds allow.

Tully Mars and Dunerunner like this.
  16. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Monkey

In the same boat @kellory... Time and Money.... And then there was that boating accident.... [dunno]

oldawg, Tully Mars and kellory like this.
  17. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd Site Supporter+

You'd think.

What I have observed at the area gun shows over the last year is both funny and sad - mostly sad. As the prices have been getting back to somewhere closer to realistic, I see a lot of people who payed way to much for their semi-autos when they rushed out to buy them during the last panic, roaming around the shows trying to sell them...their asking price dropping by the hour and sometimes for months, until they finally sell it at a big loss. I can understand some people needing cash more than they need profit...but I can't believe that this many people are having cash problems.

My problem is resisting the urge to sell mine when the panic sets in. I always tell myself that I can sell high, wait out the panic, then buy 2 more when the prices settle back down...but I always talk myself down from the fear that the prices might not fall "this time".

Of course ever since that barbed wire accident that caused the flood that caused the rip in the time-space continuum that caused all my guns to disappear to god knows where, I have nothing to sell this time.

Tully Mars likes this.
  18. kellory

Four neighbors have lost their homes to the banks. My hunting partner lost his, his job, and any chance of sending his daughter to college. He has now moved out of state to get a job, and has downsized to a double wide. Yes, money is tight.
    When the wife could no longer work. And the economy tanked, the overtime dried up, and the work weeks got short, we had to eat most of what we set aside. Money is tight.
    When every project requires a search for spare change, money is tight.
    When someone says "just go out and buy (guns/books/land/ tools/bulk food or ammo) I just have to shake my head, you just don't understand, how tight money is.
    I'm embarrassed by how often I have to mention that money is the deciding factor, that money slows this project down, or this one will have to wait on money, or this will have to wait a few paychecks. Money is tight.
    Yeah, I do understand have to sell at a loss. I have a motorcycle for sale now. I don't really want to part with, but it will be sold. You do what you must. Money is tight.

Cruisin Sloth and oldawg like this.
  19. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

A person needs a means to defend themselves. During the San Bernardino shooting, there were reports of a guy running through backyards. Hearing that on TV and LE stating lock your doors and hunker down; I cannot imagine sitting there unarmed. Even Joe Biden's shotgun is better than an empty hand against an armed murderer.

The recent prices on ARs has been unbelievable. Remember the pre-ban craze; a couple of thousand for a pre-ban? Somehow paying over $1K for a flash suppressor on an less than $200 AK isn't my idea of a bargain.

Tully Mars likes this.
  20. kellory

Who said anything about being unarmed? I'm a hunter since I was a child. I have several shotguns, a hand gun, even a .22lr, just no RIFLE. This state was shotgun only until just the last couple of years, so I had no use for one. Now, I do.

1. Yard Dart
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Yard Dart
  4. GOG
  5. chimo
  6. Yard Dart
  7. bmtm09
  8. AD1
  9. Yard Dart
  10. Legion489
  11. marlas1too
  12. AD1