How Long Til It's Mine and the County's?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TXKajun, Oct 6, 2020.

1. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Things have gone exceptionally well this year. Last week, we sold our home in SENM. Today, I used that money to pay off our home in W Central TX. YAHOOO!! I sent the payment via wire through our local bank. I figure by the time the mortgage holder gets all their stuff done and we can get a lien free title should be 2-3 weeks.

Also, I retired officially back in May. :)

God is great and we're livin' the dream, at least this week!!!!

Kajun

2. bpaintx

bpaintx Monkey+++

Congratulations!!

3. Capt. Tyree

Capt. Tyree Hawkeye

Very happy for you! Each morning of retirement is special, and those cups of coffee that go with them are extra good. The feeling of not having to answer to a supervisor (unless you were business owner), or engage in a project unless you choose to do so is......priceless.

4. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Like a huge boulder is off your shoulders!
    Paid off home in 94, retired in 2004.
    Still wake up around 5 but nap anytime I want.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

A big congrats to you,,, enjoy the good life.

TXKajun, Gator 45/70, HK_User and 3 others like this.
  6. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

It is truly great to be able, when someone asks me what I'll do on a holiday, to say "I'm retired. Every day is a holiday!" And my home and vehicles are fully paid off. Just gotta make the property tax and registration payments.

7. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Been retired for two years as of Oct 4.
    Warning - it's highly addictive.
    It took a year before I could sleep past 3 AM, but by-God, I beat it!
    House - Paid off
    New 4 WD Diesel pickup - Paid off
    Remote property - Paid off
    Think I'll go here or there for a camping trip - so go, come back...whenever. You don't have to be back next week.
    No more Monday Mornings to report for work
    Yeah, you'll like it - seriously!
    And you should. If you had to bust ass like I did, you earned it!

8. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Thanks for the good words everyone. All those mornings getting up at 4:30 am to be at work by 5:45, off at 4 pm, travelling for a week at a time, bitng my tongue at some of the foolishness I saw, doing some actual, meaningful work, has paid off. I have Sweetie to thank for sticking.to our goals.And dreams. And every one here for doom and gloom. Lolol.

9. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I'm afraid that I might be one of those people that will miss work, especially the people... and the money is nice too! I mean, I have places that I want to go, things I want to do, and GOD knows I have enough books to read, but I fear that I need a schedule, routine and structure in my life. I would HATE to be one of those people that went to hell after they retired...and then died!

10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Congrats.... I have been Officially FULLY reTired since June 1st of this year, but semi reTIRED since May 2003... Being paid to live and Winterwatch the Cannery, out in Bush Alaska, is almost the same as being reTIRED... Yes, It is a Great feeling to not be beholding to any employer, and being Debt Free, is a welcome relief, from all that endless living experiences... Owning everything outright brings a real sense of Wellbeing, and so much less stressful living in the Day to Day experiences...

11. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

It's unfortunate that that feeling of freedom and wellbeing takes soooo long to achieve, but if it was easy you wouldn't appreciate it as much.

12. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Thanks everyone. :) We have several projects here we plan to have done, and now we can actually get them done instead of saying "If we can just sell that other house" or "After we sell the other house." We've been saying these since about February when we realized that God had other plans for us rather than our plans to go back to work for another 2 years. Darn the luck!! NOT LOLOL

Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

@TXKajun
    Now that you've cleared a few hurdles, welcome to the time to get it done. Rrrriiiiggghtt. Hang in, the todo list grows faster than a preschooler.

Gator 45/70, TXKajun and HK_User like this.
  14. HK_User

Just redid the Pump House I built in 1989.
    Looks better than ever and should last another 35 years before she needs another paint job.
    Pictures tomorrow.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    Gator 45/70, TXKajun and BTPost like this.
  15. HK_User

Soon I will install a Heat Pump unit above the door way and have AC & Heat year round as needed.

The Dome is so bright that the picture taken @ 1430 appears the background to be near dark.
    DSCF5319 (2).JPG

Gator 45/70 and TXKajun like this.
  16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I think you boys call it a ''Fandango'' When is it?

Congrats man !

TXKajun, Ganado and HK_User like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7