How to make best wild cock trap in forest and cook it on open fire

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by melvin west, Jun 18, 2018.

1. melvin west

melvin west Monkey

1. Arboriginal Professional jungle chicken
    Arborigines has a simple but effective cock trap as follow:

• Choose a firm and 2m length tree branch with good elasticity so that it can be bent or straightened. Tie a string to one end and attach the other end to the ground.

• You need a stick “that is known as the pin of the trap”. Tie the string to 2 end of the stick, one end is fixed and the other is movable. That will become a lasso tightening the animal when it fall into the trap.

• Drop the lasso near the ground and hold it by some firm sticks with pins.

• When the chicken fall into the lasso, its reaction will move the stick out of the pin. Thank to the bounce of the tree branch, the string will be tightened so that the prey can not escape.
    • To attact the chicken, you need to prepare its favourite food - it is earthworms. After found earthworms, just put them near the trap so that jungle fowl can eat and be trapped.

• You can reused the trap later.

If you want to know more clearly about trapping method, watch the following video:

2. Wild cock cooking:

After hunting a chicken, our friend started to process chicken.

· In a pan over medium heat, heat oil.

· Add potatoes and carrots and cook, turning once or twice, until lightly browned. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.

· Remove excess oil from pan except for about 2 tablespoons.

· Add bell peppers and cook for about 30 to 45 seconds. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.

· Add chicken and cook, turning on sides once or twice, until lightly browned but not cooked through.

· Add onions and garlic and cook until softened.

· Add tomatoes and cook, mashing regularly with back spoon until softened and release juices.

· Add fish sauce and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes.

· Add water and bring to a boil.

· Lower heat, cover, and cook for about 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thickened to desired consistency.

· Add potatoes and carrots and continue to cook until fork-tender.

· Add bell peppers and sweet peas. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until green peas are heated through and bell peppers are tender yet crisp.

Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.

Good luck with this simple but great chicken trapping method. Enjoy this food in your own way.

2. ochit

ochit Monkey+

I just wait till dark while they roost.

3. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::ROFLMAO:

4. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

Tar or other very tacky material on their roosting branches.

ochit likes this.
  5. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Seems to me this would be a good trap. No idea how to make one though :(
    8192fa92a3505fecbc260e2d31ffa0d4--pink-guns-guns-and-roses.

Zimmy, SB21 and Dont like this.
  6. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I can tell you how to make one but it may take more than one attempt and 18+ years to develop properly....;)

Thunder5Ranch and Dont like this.
  7. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

But would that not require a trap to begin with?

8. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Nope a few bites of my award winning Etouffee Pistolette as bait with some Blanton's Single Barrel Bourbon and Volia... She is trapped....:whistle:

Thunder5Ranch likes this.
  9. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I had a buddy of mine years ago , he's passed on now , we used to do a good bit of shootin' , I would let , and teach my ole lady at the time how to shoot. He wouldn't let his woman touch his guns. His thoughts was if she didn't know how to use it , he didn't have to worry about gettin' shot . My thought was if I messed up enough for her to shoot me , I wanted her to be good enough to not make me suffer. :D

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7