Howdy from northern Oregon.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by eb in oregon, May 23, 2021.

1. eb in oregon

eb in oregon Monkey

I just stumbled onto this site this evening, there is a plethora of information for sure. I've been shooting now for over 60 years, retired from the National Guard with four years of active duty. I've seen a lot during those years, and not once did I ever think the world would become so bloody crazy.

“The Crazy Years: Considerable technical advance during this period, accompanied by a gradual deterioration of mores, orientation, and social institutions, terminating in mass psychoses in the sixth decade, and the interregnum.” Robert A. Heinlein

2. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Welcome from the Mountains of INW.

eb in oregon likes this.
  3. eb in oregon

eb in oregon Monkey

What???

4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Welcome from the southern fringe of Antifastan, once known as the Portland Metro. You struck the nail on the head about the knowledge base here - it's wide and deep and reasonable tin foil free. There are also some exceptional SME's that are very helpful.

I see you are over at NWFA as well. There are a few more of us here too.

Last edited: May 23, 2021
    Ura-Ki and eb in oregon like this.
  5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Welcome from the coast.. looking forward to your posts.

eb in oregon likes this.
  6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Hey Crusin, @eb in oregon has been active on Northwest Firearms for a while. Good guy and one of those that spends more time shooting more than he does posting.

Gotta explain... like every other forum, once in a while we get a new guy that's bogus. Gun Kid has been here several times for example, and just a few days age we had someone join just to promote his "nudge, nudge, wink, wink" "fuel filters". Highly likely a fishing operation by a five letter agency. Crusin is a great guy, just lookin out for others.

7. FTM2 Tartar

FTM2 Tartar On Hiatus Banned

from Starship Troopers;
    “These juvenile criminals hit a low level. Born with only the instinct for survival, the highest morality they achieved was a shaky loyalty to a peer group, a street gang. But the do-gooders attempted to ‘appeal to their better natures,’ to ‘reach them,’ to ‘spark their moral sense.’ Tosh! They had no ‘better natures’; experience taught them that what they were doing was the way to survive. The puppy never got his spanking; therefore what he did with pleasure and success must be ‘moral.’
    “The basis of all morality is duty, a concept with the same relation to group that self-interest has to individual. Nobody preached duty to these kids in a way they could understand—that is, with a spanking. But the society they were in told them endlessly about their ‘rights.’

Welcome
    =-==

eb in oregon likes this.
  8. eb in oregon

eb in oregon Monkey

I was born and raised in Portland, my family has been there and in the surrounding area since 1886. My grandfather and his brothers and my father would be horrified at what "Stump Town" has become. As am I. I avoid Portland like the leper colony it has become.
    Thanks for the kind words and welcome.

Ura-Ki and 3M-TA3 like this.
  9. eb in oregon

eb in oregon Monkey

Fantastic, you have quoted one of my very favorite books, first read when in the seventh grade and numerous times since. Heinlein wrote a great book there with a moral philosophy that makes sense. The movie (and the sequels) stunk to death and were a waste of time and money. Another book in a similar vein is "Armor" by John Steakley, I've read that one four or five times.
    Thanks for the quote and welcome.

Edit: I shouldn't have said the movie "stunk to death" as the acting was good enough and the visual effects were pretty good (the "Bugs" far exceeded my imagination) but they changed the philosophy of the book and made that society more fascist than it actually was as it was a democracy. Just a democracy that had certain requirements to be able to vote. But it was directed by Paul Verhoeven and he hates the military.

Dunerunner, 3M-TA3 and Ura-Ki like this.
  10. john316

john316 Monkey+++

WELCOME FROM MIDDLE FLORIDA

11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Welcome to our Monkey Tree... Happy that you found us... Pick out a branch and have a look around... Plenty to see and read here’bouts... and lots of Good Folks to chat with...

12. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Welcome EB
    From PNW Vancouver Island Kanada !
    Sloth

eb in oregon and 3M-TA3 like this.
  13. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Welcome fellow OryGunion, born and raised in and around Sweet Home Or, moved to Potland in 79, and left when I graduated high school for grand adventures in the Air Force from which I retired after doing my 20, And currently residing in Salem Or. For a few more weeks!
    Bought a ranch in Colorado back In 2009, and been looking forward to getting back to it once we are finished with business in Or.
    Sad to see it all gone to hell, sure do miss all the cool funky stuff around the area, but you couldn't drag me there now!

Welcome aboard!

eb in oregon and 3M-TA3 like this.
  14. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Welcome from way down here in Louisiana
    [flag]

eb in oregon and Ura-Ki like this.
  15. eb in oregon

eb in oregon Monkey

Man, I hated Ft. Polk. Didn't get off post so I missed seeing the countryside. Thanks for the welcome.

Yard Dart and Ura-Ki like this.
  16. eb in oregon

eb in oregon Monkey

Thank you for the welcome. Colorado is awesome, but it's too freaking cold, I can't stand being cold anymore. I decided when we moved in our home in 1983 that this is where I'll die. Either in my sleep or in my doorway defending America. You have no idea how much it saddens me to see how this once logical and rational state has become a society of "woke" lunatics and people of once despised political affiliations.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  17. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

What oldman11 said, Welcome !

18. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Other than strip bars,pawn shops and massage parlors in Leesville you missed a whole new state.

19. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Howdy! From ALABAMA!

20. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

[welcomeLG]
    From the NorthEast region!!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7