Howdy, y'all!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by n7ekg, Nov 3, 2021.

1. n7ekg

n7ekg Monkey

Yes, I'm from the South, so I have a license to use the word howdy! :)

Short story, I've been a professional photographer, a cop in Texas, a software developer, manager, director, and VP, and now that I'm retired, a part-time day trader. I'm also been a ham since 1980 (now Extra class), and one of my last positions was as a VP of software development for a software cryptography firm in Dallas, so I know a little bit about the subject.

I've been a prepper since the 90's, and always looking to connect with like-minded souls. Unlike a lot of preppers, though, I'm not into religion, but I have my own spiritual beliefs. I've gotten into DMR over the last few years, and just got my hands on a BTech DMR-6x2 HT and a MMDVR that I've got runnin on a Pi 4B. Looking forward to going duplex - one of these on a tall hill, solar-powered with a stealth antenna, would make for a heckuva tiny DMR repeater. Add store-and-forward messaging capabilities, and I think it'd be an awesome resource for a community.

I'm looking into digging in with the crypto folks here about MonkeyNet - my previous work was with OTPs and I'm pretty familiar with validating crypto algos, NIST test suites, and Claude Shannon's work. :) My latest pet toy is bitmessage - a pretty cool, decentralized encrypted message transport. Would love to meet others interested in it - my bitmessage address is BM-2DB7fqvEKTc5jPPVs1KY7rPpfwZRrSCwYu. My PGP public key is also out on the public servers. :)

See y'all on the forums!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
    Gator 45/70, enloopious, GOG and 2 others like this.
  2. TinyDreams

TinyDreams Monkey++

Howdy, I’m from Texas as well! We have a few HAM enthusiasts on here and some good forum threads on a variety of topics. Feel free to pick a branch and poke around.

3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Welcome... Look around, as there is a wealth of information available. And it is OK that you're a Southerner....

4. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Welcome from the great State of Jefferson.

5. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Welcome

6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Welcome from southern california

7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Welcome!!!

8. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Welcome to the Monkey!!

9. n7ekg

n7ekg Monkey

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome - I truly appreciate it! :)

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  10. DurdenJames

DurdenJames On Hiatus Banned

That quiet a reservation. Enjoy!

11. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Not everyone can be a Southerner, but ANYBODY can be a Yankee!:LOL:

SB21 and Dunerunner like this.
  12. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Howdy!, right back at you! I'm from NW Alabama, and an honorary Texan!

13. Navyair

Navyair Monkey++

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7