I’m Back!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meat, May 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Some here know my back was injured. Thanks again to all that wished me well. I woke up Tuesday almost pain free for some unexplained reason. Like a miracle only better. As I sat around healing I was thinking how useless I was with this injury and how deadly it could be during SHTF. I plan on having a routine where I stretch daily and strengthen it like I was taught 5 years ago by a physical therapist. Thought it uneceesary to continue. (Idiot) To sum it up. Take care of your back folks. [afro]

3M-TA3, GOG, Homer Simpson and 17 others like this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

SHTF and your physical health is going to be a priority!! Rest up Meat!!

3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I'm in the same position,,,,,,,what the hell does a Doc know,,,,,

HK_User, Hanzo, Meat and 1 other person like this.
  4. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Glad you're feeling better!

sarawolf, HK_User, Hanzo and 3 others like this.
  5. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

If you need surgery to repair your body it means you have damaged your body. To leave it damaged will put others at risk in bad times.

sarawolf, Motomom34, Hanzo and 2 others like this.
  6. Yard Dart

Have you been on L&I or light duty? If light duty, how many safety manuals have you created!! :rolleyes:

7. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I was on light duty last week. I was doing data-entry mostly. Imagine that. :D

sarawolf, HK_User, Motomom34 and 2 others like this.
  8. Yard Dart

[​IMG]

GrayGhost, sarawolf, HK_User and 6 others like this.
  9. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

^I’m handsome huh?

sarawolf, HK_User, Motomom34 and 4 others like this.
  10. Yard Dart

[​IMG]

11. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

I had a lower back and pelvis injury, many years ago. Fractured L5, S1, and broke my coccyx. I also broke my pelvis in six places. This was from a fall of about 10 meters. The doctors didn't seem to know what my issue was, even after months of visits. I was unable to put pressure on my right leg, certainly not walk on it.

It was my physical therapist who told me what to tell the doctors, so they would "find" my problem. She also told me not to tell them anything regarding her being the one who diagnosed the problem. (She figured the doctors would have said she was only a therapist and that she couldn't possibly know what she was talking about.) She was right on the money. They were able to sort it out with an operation, to ease the pain sciatic pain I was having. After that operation, and some more physical therapy, I was able to walk again.

So, @Meat, I can totally relate to what you are talkin' about. Glad you are on the mend.

Folks, that was a pain I wouldn't have wished on my worst enemy. Well, maybe my absolute worst enemy, but no one else.

12. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Several years ago I sneezed while sitting on the toilet, and was frozen there for an hour until the wife got home to help me up. Any movement brought tears to my eyes, worst pain I ever had. Two days later it was gone, though it will remind every once in a while to quit doing the stupid s%&$ I happen to be doing at the time.
    Glad you got it sorted out Meat!

13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I hurt my back about a month ago. I have never had pain like that, it was a first. So many people have back injuries and I thought I was one of the lucky ones who would never have that issue. How often have we all heard the phrase, "use your knees"? Using your knees is something that one has to learn. Most of our lives we can easily bend but as one gets older, are bodies certainly change.

sarawolf, Asia-Off-Grid, Meat and 2 others like this.
  14. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Most all back back pain is cumulative. It is as if you have a "Back Pain Stamp Book". Live long enough and all the mini insults to your control cables and their support system, muscles, bone and nerves,(what the Docs call our spine.) will make you pay for those insults.

OTOH major damage can come at any time in many accidents.

Been there done that.

A major accident can happen at any time and the newest surgical procedures are near miracles in the way they repair damage.

BUT you will never have the back of your youth and you must always protect yourself.

Stay safe all and live a long pain free life.

sarawolf, Meat, Ganado and 1 other person like this.
  15. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Try tai chi and qigong?

I invited a military contractor to come to my class recently. Big boy. Maybe 6'4" ish and 30ish, I would guess.

We started with qigong, which lasted about 30 minutes. I give my students a break every half hour and most are elderly and the class is two hours. So after the qigong, it was about 30 minutes since i had my timer set for that amount of time.

He came up to me, all sweaty, and said that was some workout. It was more than I expected. To which I replied, "I hate to tell you this, but that was our warmup."

But he did get his achy bits all gently stretched out. About an hour or so in, he had to take a seat and rest for a little while before rejoining the class. I bet the little old ladies felt powerful. :whistle:

So after, I had a talk with him about the energy output of tai chi. The translated saying is to move 1,000 pounds with for ounces of force. So I explained about relaxing. And about vectors of force, specifically using multiple vectors of force at the same time. He seemed to understand that. The next day, he even told me that he started usning some of the breathing he learned to help when he got stressed.

And now he wants to continue when he gets back to the mainland. So I have to try and find him an instructor.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    Motomom34, Meat, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  16. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I was thinking of a clever bumper sticker when my(or other’s) back is out.
    Back Is Out So Also Is My .45
    I’ll Whoop Your A$$ In 3 Weeks
    Caution. Can’t Use My Side Mirrors
    My Back Is Out But You’re Ugly. Mine Will Heal. :D

Motomom34, Hanzo and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  17. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Did High hot flight time years ago for BC hydro .

That is safer than erecting them towers , that's the hard part , but if you get a good high lineman crew that can ask the helicopter dude to lean it one way , then the bolt up is NICE , Seen two unit get aborted & dropped / bent .

If teachers could do

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Ariasmith
  5. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra has life figured out!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
  7. Alanaana
  8. Alanaana
    Media

Thankful

I feel so thankful for my life and each new day.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
  10. Alanaana
  11. Alanaana
  12. jefferson
  13. Alanaana
  14. jefferson
  15. fl4848
  16. HK_User
  17. Ganado
  18. Ganado
  19. hot diggity
  20. Ganado