I am a bad person. Really.

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by JrOrtiz, Mar 21, 2021.

1. JrOrtiz

JrOrtiz Monkey

My girlfriends' friend recently bought some chickens so the two went to the feed store yesterday. Both are professional women and raised in large cities. I get a text telling me they are going and if I need anything. Here is the rest of the texts.

Her: do you need anything?
    Me: baling wire please.
    Her. What is baling wire?

Now I am smiling because I see an opportunity for some fun.

Me: its wire for baling wire. That is why its called bailing wire.
    Her: so what do I ask for.
    Me: ask them for wire to bale wired. Baling wire.

Half an hour goes by.

Her: I got your wire. Ha ha. I hate you sometimes

2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Next time, ask her for " Lucus brand Blinker Fluid" and wait!!!

Gator 45/70, Mountainman and JrOrtiz like this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Now you all know that AlaskaChick is a smart lady... She is a highly qualified High Risk Labor & Delivery RN... In the very early days of our marriage, we were discussing Ham Radio, and I was frustrated by the lack of Skip from where we were living (Washington) to Utah where some other hams I knew lived.. She asked, why that was the case, and I said “Because the wind was out of the south, and is blowing the etherwaves in the wrong direction.” About a week later she snuck up behind me, and Smack me on the Head, and stated “That was not very nice of you, to play that trick on me! I told that to a friend, and got laughed at... You , young man, are in BIG Trouble...” I never did that again, and learned my lesson well....

4. JrOrtiz

JrOrtiz Monkey

I tell you what I have learned. Never and I mean never, cover the toilet bowl with plastic wrap. It goes bad everytime

5. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Lol I used to tell boots to go ask gunny for dehydrated water tablets.

Gator 45/70, JrOrtiz and Ura-Ki like this.
  6. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

[LMAO],,, I was just getting ready to report the same thing there Bishop .

7. Macgyver

Macgyver Monkey+

Always a good idea to have an extra set of muffler bearings on hand..

8. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

We always told young airmen to go fetch a can of prop wash, or afterburner fluid!

I have to be careful, my Lovely Bride didn't speak English very well when we first met, so I had to watch it with her, especially slang, and cursing! Nothing worse then getting that questioning look, with her ether thinking your making fun of her, or mocking her, and that's NOT cool! Fortunately, she knew that I would never ever do any of that, and would always explain things if she didn't understand something so that it never became came an issue!

9. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

We had a CW2 in charge of our motor pool.
    One day he dressed down all the NCO's, begging for us to stop sending the kids down for cans of compression for their trucks.
    Also, he may have some grid squares available.

One year we had Camp All American.... the young officer wannabees were being instructed on how to do PMCS on a 155MM howitzer. One of the platoon sergeants had them shimmy up to the top of the tube and yell boom down the barrel.... this was a boom check!!!! :whistle:

10. Capt. Tyree

Capt. Tyree Hawkeye

If you're a newbie in the USAF and work around all the aircraft, you don't want to be sent to Supply to pick up a roll of Flight Line;).

11. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

The Air Force at Kadena Air Base was either playing along and turning the tables on us, or they were as clueless as the newbee we sent up there to ask for a can of jet wash. He was gone a good part of the day, and when he came back, he didn't have the humiliated look we were expecting. In the back of the M109 van was a 55 gallon drum of CitriClean.

When the Gunner found out where this terrible orange smelling stuff had come from he decided it'd be a great idea if we scrubbed down the whole shop with the stuff every Thursday until it was gone.

The joke was definitely on us.

Gator 45/70, Ura-Ki, techsar and 3 others like this.
  12. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

We were looking for that drum down at Kinser...:D

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  13. norseman

norseman Monkey

In the navy we would send the boots for sound powered phone batteries

14. JrOrtiz

JrOrtiz Monkey

I used to tell new guys to empty the air compressor because it would be lighter to lift.

15. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

In AF maintenance new airmen are usually sent to the NDI shop to get their steel toed boots checked for cracks.

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  16. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Best one in the Navy was when the newbies were told to lay to the bilge to "see the sea bat".
    I once had a newbie ET in my shop order some fallopian tubes.

17. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

In the salvage game we often tell the newbies to check the spud-well levels and top them off, tighten the headache ball on the crane,, or pump out the moon-pool.

18. JrOrtiz

JrOrtiz Monkey

As I read the different posts from you that were in the military I can't help but think how I would have been the guy that would have been on the other side of those pranks.

SB21, Yard Dart, Ura-Ki and 1 other person like this.
  19. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Yep, right up until you fell for it the first time. Others, who shall remain nameless, learn it in Boy Scout Camp when sent off looking for a smoke shifter.

adkpete, Yard Dart, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  20. JrOrtiz

JrOrtiz Monkey

Or until your first snipe hunt

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7