I may be hit and miss the next few days

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by melbo, Sep 7, 2005.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

As many of you know, I have been working on a Major renovation and addition to my house. My plan was to move to a better, (Larger), piece of land that I felt was more "long-term" sustainable.

Things move fast when you aren't trying and We got an offer on the house before we even listed it. It's a pretty good one and they want to close ASAP. I think a lot of people are thinking BO land right now and mine isn't bad, just not my ideal.
    So, I have purchased the land I have been looking at for awhile. It's within 60 miles of the current place and I'm Putting a motorhome on it while we build the Ultimate Retreat. I am hoping to have it livable by this winter. Sold this joint "furnished" so I only have to move my personal stuff. Going to start on it this weekend.

Wish me luck! The best part is that it has worked out to be an all cash deal so my interest in Privacy can finally be fulfilled....No Mortgage or other Records on me ever again!! b::

I've been longing for this freedom for a long time and it looks like I may have it soon. I should be able to Check in here still pretty often but wanted to give you all a heads up.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Fantastic!! b:: Keep in touch as you can, and best wishes moving and getting settled in. We'll keep the lights on for you.

Just remember what the mice do when the cat's away. b:: b:: b::

They get a Catscratcher 2000, doan cha know, and [peep] in the bushes. :D

3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Sounds like a great project and a wonderful opportunity to 'start over'. I hope you can keep us posted on your progress.

4. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Cool deal glad its all working out for you.

5. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

That is fantastic! Congrats to you and Mrs. Melbo! [beer] b::

6. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Take care melbo and we'll keep an eye on things while you're busy. I'm real happy for you that your dreams are working out.

7. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

Don't forget the proper luna titling and mailing addresses. Nothing like looking for a company with a mailing address in dutch harbor, alaska, that also has a nominee owner who can't be found in the incorporating state. All you have to do is find a trust worthy nominee to open a bank account in another far away state or canada to seal you anonymity.

8. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Have it and the anonymized LLC to handle the rest... I'll be invisible... b::

9. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Have a good one, if you need my help let me know I will fly down there.
    I got ya covered here .
    Moving sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

At least you don't have to move evrything.Moving is a B****. I will be doing the same thing when I get home.We sold our house and have to be out by 1-Oct.So no rest for me when I get home.But the new place is much more SHTF friendly.

To show you how my mind works.My wife went and looked at the new house.She called me to tell me about it.She didn't start off with how many bedrooms, bathrooms, what kind of cabinets etc. She begins with "Ok it has one way in
    , a creek with a 20' drop off on 3 sides of the house, a deck over looking the creek so no one can approach from that direction.The road coming in has high banked hills and or trees lining it all the way in so easy to barricade.1/4 mile approach to the house with a clear field of fire on the last 100 yards." Gotta love that woman.She knows me well.

11. monkeyman

Sounds nice, got a flat spot for a garden and some space for critters?

12. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Roger that. And a year round running creek with fish in it.Loads of wild game.And no nieghbors!!My other place was nice, I had a 15 acre private lake, but a guy turned his adjoining 150 acres into a housing addition for fat cat city types.5 new houses went up this last year and more being built.But it drove the price of my place through the roof.So can't complain about that.Time to sell out and move on.

Not a great pic...
    226356-1_186.

13. monkeyman

Sweeet!

14. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Beatiful house. If I could get my wife and daughter out of mine, that is what I would like to have.

15. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Rock on and Congrats Melbo! I know some good ol' Boys that can store your toys if you need it:D b::

16. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Congrats Melbo! Can I be King while you're gone? At least make me TLynn's boss! :twisted:

17. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

It isn't going to happen Valkman...I still hold all the controls right after Quigley Sharps :D

18. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

[tytyty]

:lol: :lol:

19. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Ok, you be Boss and I'm going to work on knives. :D

20. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Am I going to have to separate you two.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7