I went to North Korea to see if the threat is real

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by The_Prepared, Mar 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. The_Prepared

The_Prepared Derpy Monkey

Thought I'd share the recap of my recent trip inside North Korea. Augason Farms blogged about it this week and I saw the San Diego NK risk thread has been active, so thought you might enjoy the read.

My trip inside North Korea to better understand the threat.

It's hard to see through the media fear mongering sometimes, so I wanted to better understand (and share) the unique mechanics happening inside the DPRK. Hopefully it helps you parse what's a real risk vs what isn't, when things will become more than just twitter e-penis contests, etc.

Happy to answer any questions about the experience!

2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

While Korea does pose a threat, it is a local one. The Japanese do have some reason to fear, but if the PDRK uses any atomic weapons, it will be the last thing they do.

The DPRK may have a lot of very old tanks, but most lack the fuel to go anywhere.
    Their air fleet is antiquated, at best.

Bottom line - thing will not change in my lifetime. The Chinese will not allow a free Nation on their border, just as the Russians - a hallmark of Communist dictators, I suppose.

I did my time in the RoK and wish them luck, but all I see is a stalemate for the foreseeable suture.

3. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Great read

The_Prepared and Cruisin Sloth like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7