I worry about not being able...... Neuropathy

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by oldman11, Feb 16, 2018.

1. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

I have severe neuropathy and on pain meds. Does anyone have any cure,or anything to help with the pain? I worry about not being able getting to the doctor so I am quitting all prescription meds.

GOG likes this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

You cannot get to the doctor now? A wise monkey told me to learn now, occasionally experiment but live life and utilize services while still available. Are you doing this because you are concerned about collapse and drugs becoming unavailable? If so then IMO live life comfortably now, know what could bring you relief if this stopped but do not torture deprive yourself now because of worry that something could happen.

Zimmy, GOG and Sgt Nambu like this.
  3. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Do you know what has caused your neuropathy? In my case it's because a nerve gets pinched in my spine and if I can relieve that (by chiropracty and positioning my head properly when I sleep) things are much better. Sometimes, getting away from pill pushers and going to someone that understands how the body works can make all the difference ie. chiropractor or massage therapist.

Motomom34, sec_monkey and Zimmy like this.
  4. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Good question!

A lot of ifs here.
    If a chemical has entered your body and damaged the nerves then you need to plan one way. If it is physically damaged nerve root then another plan is in order.

Where you in the military and if so stationed where?

Is it bilateral and in the feet and hands?

What does your long term doc say?

sec_monkey likes this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Mine is caused by injury.

IMAG01207.

6. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

If it was my condition I would try skullcap to cut down on the nerve signal chatter and B-12 injections to help heal the nerves themselves.

Check with your doctor, of course

7. duane

duane Monkey+++

It all depends, I find some food aid and some make the pain more intense. It may sound strange, but it seems that with some practice you can tolerate a lot of pain and getting away from the medicines allows you to learn to live with it. In my case, carpal tunnel, rotator cuffs, compressed discs, etc, I don't want to cover up the pain, as it is my body telling me that it is damaged and please protect it from more harm. Almost 20 years ago they told me I had to have surgery for my shoulders as I had torn them up. I told them I didn't want the surgery and didn't fill the pain medicine prescription and after about a year they healed and now they remark about the extensive scaring in my shoulders. If I had taken the pain killers, I would have continued to damage them and they would not have healed.

Zimmy likes this.
  8. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Is this diabetic / peripheral neuropathy?
    We've covered the Paleo diet before, and substituting your current diet with the change to a healthy fat and protein rich one with plenty of greens and vegetables will most likely bring about positive (and sometimes radical) changes. You want to exercise regularly and seek physical therapy if you're too out of shape, also. You will want to quit smoking if that's an issue. To manage pain naturally, you could try alpha-lipoic acid, evening primrose oil, cinnamon, vitamin B12, omega 3 fish oil (or a steady diet of fish), and even an essential oil rub (peppermint and lavender for example). All of this combined can offer some possible solutions, but it's not going to be easy. It's easier to take pain meds, but some of us already know where that ultimately leads. It is unfortunate that neuropathy isn't curable according to Rockefeller Medicine, but they sure will treat the hell out of you for a price. A steady Paleo diet and exercise alone can do wonders. You deserve the best, achieve it!

Just search the forum for "Paleo" and "Primal" in the tags section for more: Search Tags | Survival Monkey Forums

Zimmy, apache235 and 3M-TA3 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7