If One is Attempting To Act the Part of a Big Game Hunter....Don't be a Wayne

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by chelloveck, Apr 28, 2021.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Wayne is lucky that the elephant didn't have a gun.

The Secret Footage of the N.R.A. Chief’s Botched Elephant Hunt

Goodness, LaPierre botching shots by 'over leading'? The friggin'n elephant was, after the first shot, stationary and shot at point blank range a further three times by loser La Pierre:rolleyes:...followed by a final coup de grâce shot, mercifully delivered by a guide.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    VisuTrac, Tully Mars and Meat like this.
  2. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I can tell you even if you have the perfect shot on a white tail deer you might end up tracking it for a while before it finally drops. Yes hunting is not pretty but neither is a pack of lions or wolves taking down large game. It is what it is.

3. BenP

BenP Monkey++

He needs to resign and let someone else take over, the NRA is not doing much.

Meat likes this.
  4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I saw his lard ass years ago making a hunt in Africa, Give it up fat-boy, I thought he was going to hit the dust back then.

Tully Mars and Meat like this.
  5. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Not my thing, that’s for sure. The Makah dispatched their Gray Whale with a .50 caliber years ago, Neah Bay Washington. Some groaned then too. I just turned my head.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Not trying to climb on the bandwagon, but that was piss poor shooting. I understand the game was huge and a hard kill, but Wayno needs to spend more time on the range IMHO. He had no idea what he was doing, and that's a shame. When a guide has to push your rifle up so you're not pointing it at him,well that says all that needs to be said.

7. Granted that was an old bull (past reproductive age ?), but Is it necessary to shoot any elephant? Why not go after poachers?

adkpete, chelloveck and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Trophy hunting is something I have never understood. Dad taught me that if you kill it, you eat it. Good luck with that, Wayne...

Dark Wolf, madmax, Tully Mars and 3 others like this.
  9. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I don't hunt unless
    • I'm going to eat it or someone else will
    • It's a danger to people or livestock
    • It's suffering
    • It carries a disease that endangers other animals
    • Due to lack of predation or having been pushed into a marginal area (typically man made/agriculture) the herd needs thinning to ensure winter survival. A herd killing "white death" is no joke.
    Not a huge fan of trophy hunting, but not going to criticize those that do.

Not a huge fan of LaPierre. He needed to step down a long time ago.

Dark Wolf, oldawg, Tully Mars and 4 others like this.
  10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

My idea of a perfect shot is out the window of my house.

SB21, Dark Wolf and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Just a NRA bashing video to get the Libtards fired up and try to get the NRA members pissed off and leave. He dropped it with one shot with probably a spine shot and just did not know where to shoot it in the head to hit the brain. Their brain is very small compared to the head size and he screwed up not hitting it where the guide told him.

@Tully Mars Guide just told him to hold it up since he was going forward to show him where to finish it off. Who's to say what he would have done if not told to do that?

Don't care for LePew myself and I wish they would get rid of him, but this is left wing commie bullshit to bring this up now.

12. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Leave it to the New Yorker to find and publish old material with limited acknowledgement of context. And poor Susan didn't have eyes and ears on for her shot.
    WL is surely no saint. But that is no excuse for taking the focus off his business dealings with and for the NRA.

13. Lone Gunman

Lone Gunman Draw Varmint!

Disgusting! Take that NRA hat off, you jackass.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Well the poachers are poor natives trying to feed their families and the The New Yorker would rip you a new one if you did that! In the wild old animals die slow and painful deaths, and in the case of a male lonely ones. The decline due to age, diease, injuries, starvation and thirst is bad enough, but in the end being eaten while still alive really has to be the worst.

Dark Wolf, secondrecon, jim2 and 2 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7