If only men voted in the 2016 US Presidential election.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chelloveck, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Yeah, you are. This election is too damn important to screw with. Queen Hillary will have all of us on our knees if she has her way and, I'm too damn old to learn that new trick. Wait for the next one (if there is a next one) when she runs for second term.

Are far as women losing their rights, over my rotten corpse. I took an oath like many on this forum joining our nation's military and while I no longer serve I have never renounced that oath.

Having said that... Sometimes I do wonder if giving everyone the right to vote is wise or even fair. If Bandit was King I would change so that only those that serve and protect the constitution and this nation would have that honor privileged to vote. Sure as hell wouldn't give it to life-long political animals.

2. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

maybe I should have been more specific... not talkin about current right or left...

there is more going on then just American politics here... at least IMHO...

3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

And this country was screwed up but good long before women had the right to vote, so pulling that crap dosn't fly! The FIX IS IN, and has been for a very long time. You have to look past Killery, look to the Power behind the throne and that's where we need to concern ourselves. Sure, Killery can rant and rave and bluster all she wants, but until her masters "tell" her what to say and what to do, we have little to fear from her, or Thump for that matter!

3M-TA3 likes this.
  4. GhostX

GhostX Monkey

So what are you saying is the patriotic thing to do here? We just let it happen? I know it's the topic of conversation but abolishing the 19th amendment just seems like a distraction to me. The constitution has been violated repeatedly. The president is ordering military strikes without approval from congress and now he's trying to pass a bill that will make it all legal.

I'm sorry if I sound like an anarchist here but I think the patriotic thing to do is take back our God damn country.

Mountainman, Ura-Ki and Homer Simpson like this.
  5. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: [​IMG] :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

chelloveck likes this.
  6. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I don't think repealing the 19th will fly....there are enough serving and ex serving women who know their way guns to make it a very long shot....on full auto if necessary! ;) But its probably a nice wet dream fantasy for "Dominionists" and "Reconstructionists", particularly in the literalists' minds....The Good Book don't say no nuthin' 'bout wimin votin'.

7. Bandit99

First, this thread morphed to include the 19th amendment which I suppose is a normal course of conversation given the topic but of course would never happen and frankly I doubt any sane person would want it to happen.

Are you saying that we do not let the election happen or try to disrupt it in some manner? And, if so, just how does that help our situation? By constitutional law, the current president is leaving shortly and there is a very good chance that the one that will replace him will be even worse unless she is beaten in the election, the constitutional method that determines the leadership of this country. I agree with you that the constitution has been violated repeatedly in many ways but this election is where we can start to return to some sort of normalcy if she is beaten. Winning the election is the first step but an extremely important one since the President enforces the constitution. Yes, it is indeed the first step and the most important one. The 'patriotic thing' to do is to vote and vote against Hillary, a person that is as corrupt as the day is long for if she wins then all is lost for America can't hold on much longer.

EDIT: And, winning the election is indeed the start to 'take back our God damn country.'

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  8. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I say one needs to pass a test on the constitution and simple accounting before one can vote. That would probably rule out the candidates from being able to tick their own boxes.

9. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

@VisuTrac [winkthumb][clp] if voting wasnt actually rigged.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  10. Bandit99

Yes, that there is the rub...a scary thought for if it is then we indeed have already lost without even knowing it.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  11. VisuTrac

So are you saying it's not the vote that counts but rather who counts the votes?

Bandit99, chelloveck, 3M-TA3 and 2 others like this.
  12. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

exactly!!!! well who has the better electronics to change the votes =)

13. john316

john316 Monkey+++

all the big "electronics" are left

i am starting the think well of Poll taxes
    people who do not supply the money
    should have no say in how to spend the money

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  14. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The idea is sound, but the SJW's would point out that it's discriminatory. Sez me, that's the idea.

15. GhostX

GhostX Monkey

I'm sorry. The elections are very confusing this time around. Half the country doesn't know which way is up. Sincerely, I'm not trying to be a troll. I just find it hard to support a system that is so corrupt and rigged.

One thing you have to keep in mind about Trump is that he has invested a lot of his own money into this election. He wants to win by any means necessary. He will manipulate the public, bribe officials, buy votes and say anything he can to devalue the character of his opponents. Honestly, I think the polls would be more in his favor of he had a mind to watch his mouth. Hillary's past misdeeds and corruption could have damned her run at president alone if he had not slandered his own character himself. I know plenty of people who are absolutely repulsed by Trump and will vote against him simply because he is a despicable human. I'm torn. Trump seems like the logical choice but most people can't stand the idea of him representing the American people. It's almost like he's a punch-me dummy. A straw man choice. He got to where he is because he is really the only person that Hillary could possibly win against and it's all because he's such an asshat. The level of subversive manipulation is unprecedented in American history and it's only getting worse. I can't think of any two worse people to attempt to steer this ship through world war 3... besides Charles Manson and the lady who runs the West Burroughs Baptist church.

This country is screwed and it's seeming like the only real acceptable option is to protest.

16. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Actually the left's support of islamists seems to run counter to their stated support of women, gay people etc... Women and lgbt need to look more at dem support of the islamists and evaluate where they stand on the list of who to please...

kemps and Yard Dart like this.
  17. VisuTrac

Only 24 more days*!
    * depends on recount challenges

chelloveck likes this.
  18. Bandit99

I can't really say that I disagree with anything you said; however, anyone that wants Hillary over Trump is short sighted and, in all honesty, has lost their mind. They need to check into an asylum. She's a criminal and an political animal who will do anything and everything to attain her goals possibility even murder and treason. He, while I freely admit is not my choice for a president, is not a criminal, is obviously a brilliant business mind and the worse thing he has done is talk a bit of man-smack about a woman to another man. Have you never done so? I have. But, let's not forget his taxes. Strange as they seem to be out in the open and completely legal but even if it wasn't frankly I wouldn't care. Why? Because the tax laws in this country are a damn joke and should have been changed years ago so if you can get out of paying them then so much the better. Everyone sees how our illustrious government spends (wastes) our money so the only thing I can say if you can save a few dollars is "Good on ya, mate!" If people think it is patriotic to pay taxes - well - have at it. I could rant and rave about this for years but why beat a dead horse.

Right now, we do not have the luxury of choosing a President that we want. It is a choosing the lesser of two evils and no matter how you look at it Trump is far from evil but on the other hand Queen Hillary is about as pure Dark Side as one can get. On November 8th will be the day this country determines IF there will be a future because we are in a huge mess, a house of cards, which cannot go on much longer. Should Trump get in then at least we have a chance, a slim one but a chance, however should Queen Hillary win then it's Game Over. It is that simple. Her policies will change America forever and it will degrade us beyond a point of no return - with a $20T deficit it will not take much. Furthermore, she will appoint almost a completely new Supreme Court, I think 5 judges, which will ensure all her policies will be interpreted as she wishes and upheld. You think protests will stop her? Be my guest.

"...people who are absolutely repulsed by Trump and will vote against him simply because he is a despicable human." He is? How so? Perhaps these people need to read a few more newspapers about our elected officials. I have heard numerous of stories which have been confirmed of how generous and patriotic trump is but not one about the Queen. Despicable? Because he wants to close the borders to protect us until we figure out how to vet Muslim immigrants? Because he says what happens to be the truth but not politically correct? And, if they are 'repulsed by Trump' then I am sure they are vomiting on their shoes by Hillary, yes? Oh! I get it, they are not going to vote because they don't like either candidate and the system is crooked, right? Great. That makes so much sense. That is EXACTLY why Obama got elected for a second term due to apathy! We didn't like the Romney and sure as hell didn't like Obama so we protested by staying home and not voting. Yeah, that sure worked! Oh yeah! We showed them. What is Einstein's' definition of insanity? "Insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result."

So, that's it from me. I am hungry and want another tea, it's breakfast time. But, one last thing... "A straw man choice." Are you kidding? You really think someone else could beat the Queen, someone like Cruz? The people chose Trump because he is not a politician, not establishment and if you can believe polls (not sure if I do) he is neck and neck. I am sorry, but I find your reasoning on this entire topic to be completely unsound. This is without a doubt the most important election of our lifetime and we need to base our decision on logic not emotions.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    GhostX likes this.
  19. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

Ban me if you wish, but the two worst laws ever passed were allowing women to vote, and outlawing duelling. I'll never change my opinion on this either.

jim

20. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Am inclined to agree with you on duelling.....it is a fine gentlemanly way of removing one's potential genetic contributions to the human race. I think Donald should challenge Hillary to a duel (or vice versa)....with any luck they'd remove both of themselves from our collective misery......

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    mysterymet likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7